The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-22-2016, 02:18 AM

POST ID # = 853897
Skrunch Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hassanuz View Post
I'm having pretty much the same experiences as you, the larger keys feel very stiff to press down especially the backspace key. I recorded a video showing what the keyboard sounds like during a normal typing scenario:

Pressing down on individual keys one at a time really highlights the problem of inconsistent clicks, also is the spacebar supposed to sound like that, with that kind of loud/rattling noise? This is the first keyboard I've used with Cherry stabilizers on the keys instead of Costar so that may be why the spacebar sounds and feels very off for me.

Old 05-22-2016, 02:42 AM

POST ID # = 853898
hassanuz Reputation: 10

Try using the keyboard for a couple of days and see if the switches become any more consistent? I'm gonna give it a week. If it doesn't... then I might have to replace it for an MX brown... hopefully that doesn't end up being the case.

Old 05-22-2016, 03:19 AM
ScarredMecha's PC Specs

POST ID # = 853902
ScarredMecha Reputation: 14

A consideration to make is that while only a small percentage of people experience problems, the people who experience problems are the most likely to post about the product (rightly so). You don't see many posts saying "Everything is perfectly fine!" even though most users don't have problems.

If you buy a Corsair product and end up having an issue like mushy Blues, they will surely take good care of you

Old 05-22-2016, 01:07 PM

POST ID # = 853945

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reapexx View Post
A consideration to make is that while only a small percentage of people experience problems, the people who experience problems are the most likely to post about the product (rightly so). You don't see many posts saying "Everything is perfectly fine!" even though most users don't have problems.

If you buy a Corsair product and end up having an issue like mushy Blues, they will surely take good care of you
Don't really see how your post is at all relevant to this thread's discussion.

The thing is, this keyboard is not even released yet on the market. There are numerous complaints regarding Corsair's implementation of RGB MX blue keys on amazon, newegg for their strafe and older k70 model.

The fact that multiple amount of people who were able to get this keyboard early are reporting the same issues is very concerning.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-22-2016, 02:27 PM

POST ID # = 853958
Proffo Reputation: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reapexx View Post
It would be much better for Corsair and their customers if they sold keyboards that work properly in the first place. I got a refund on my K70 RGB after waiting ages for the promised 16.8m colours, only to get flickering 16.8m colours (and a couple of faulty LEDs). Now there's 16.8m colours without flicker, but if you want blue keys there could well be a problem with them. Quality control seems to be lacking.

Old 05-22-2016, 04:20 PM

POST ID # = 853966
Nygma Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proffo View Post
It would be much better for Corsair and their customers if they sold keyboards that work properly in the first place. I got a refund on my K70 RGB after waiting ages for the promised 16.8m colours, only to get flickering 16.8m colours (and a couple of faulty LEDs). Now there's 16.8m colours without flicker, but if you want blue keys there could well be a problem with them. Quality control seems to be lacking.
If I encounter any of these issues, I think I'm just going to ask for a refund a go with a ducky shine 5 with blues.

Old 05-22-2016, 04:34 PM

POST ID # = 853967
ZensGamez Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nygma View Post
If I encounter any of these issues, I think I'm just going to ask for a refund a go with a ducky shine 5 with blues.
Personally, if you encounter issues, give it about a week to "warm up" to see if the issue will go away.

Old 05-22-2016, 05:39 PM

POST ID # = 853974

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZensGamez View Post
Personally, if you encounter issues, give it about a week to "warm up" to see if the issue will go away.
Yeah, I guess that won't hurt...

Old 05-23-2016, 04:48 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 854169
Corsair James Reputation: 75

Spacebar, Enter, Shift, backspace, etc. will all feel different because we're using Cherry stabilizers for those long keycaps. If you're coming from a keyboard that never used a Cherry stabililzer, that is indeed the difference you're feeling.

As for the noise of the key switches, I do hear a difference but Cherry has told us there is a "break in period" for the keys. You should feel a difference after using it for a while. The slight stiffness is more pronounced on MX Blue type of switches but is actually there for all switches.

Finally, all MX RGB Blue switches are all sourced from Cherry. We don't add or remove anything to the switch as they're shipped directly to our keyboard manufacturer from Cherry themselves to be added to the keyboard. Even if you get a keyboard from a different vendor that has Cherry MX Blue RGB switches, you will get the same result minus the different stabilizers they will use for elongated key caps.

iCUE - A CORSAIR Interface
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/icue

Old 05-23-2016, 05:34 PM

POST ID # = 854191
ZensGamez Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair James View Post
Spacebar, Enter, Shift, backspace, etc. will all feel different because we're using Cherry stabilizers for those long keycaps. If you're coming from a keyboard that never used a Cherry stabililzer, that is indeed the difference you're feeling.

As for the noise of the key switches, I do hear a difference but Cherry has told us there is a "break in period" for the keys. You should feel a difference after using it for a while. The slight stiffness is more pronounced on MX Blue type of switches but is actually there for all switches.

Finally, all MX RGB Blue switches are all sourced from Cherry. We don't add or remove anything to the switch as they're shipped directly to our keyboard manufacturer from Cherry themselves to be added to the keyboard. Even if you get a keyboard from a different vendor that has Cherry MX Blue RGB switches, you will get the same result minus the different stabilizers they will use for elongated key caps.
What about the mushy keys people are feeling? And the fact that the click isnt always there? Is that normal? Or a defect?

Old 05-23-2016, 06:44 PM

POST ID # = 854204

So UPS decided to deliver my K70 LUX 1 day early! However, there is some bad news. Just like everyone else who received their boards, I am experiencing the same issues, especially the mushy keys which is driving me crazy!!! Corsair Henry said there is a "break in period" so I guess I'll give it a couple of weeks and see if the mushy keys go away. Now as for the stiffness of the keys, I must say that the keys on my board are not too stiff but they are definitely heavier than my ducky with blues.

Old 05-23-2016, 06:51 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Henry's PC Specs

POST ID # = 854208
Corsair Henry Reputation: 14

That is great news that you received it early!

Yes, there is a break in period for the switches. Please use it for a week or so and let me know how it is.

Old 05-23-2016, 07:00 PM

POST ID # = 854213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Henry View Post
That is great news that you received it early!

Yes, there is a break in period for the switches. Please use it for a week or so and let me know how it is.
I sure will. The keyboard itself is amazing. I just hope the switches start behaving normal over the next couple of weeks.

Old 05-23-2016, 07:40 PM

POST ID # = 854217
J2650 Reputation: 10

I'm having this exact same problem. Most all of the letter keys feel stiff and only a few of the switches actually feel clickey at all. Not to mention, the spacebar is easily the worst I've felt in any keyboard I've ever had. I am really disappointed in this product. What should I do to get this resolved?

Old 05-24-2016, 12:16 AM

POST ID # = 854235

Quote:
Originally Posted by J2650 View Post
I'm having this exact same problem. Most all of the letter keys feel stiff and only a few of the switches actually feel clickey at all. Not to mention, the spacebar is easily the worst I've felt in any keyboard I've ever had. I am really disappointed in this product. What should I do to get this resolved?
I can't remember if my spacebar was originally so stiff, but right now it's fine. The right side of the main section of my keyboard is stiff, while the left side is starting to fill "normal" compared to my other MX Blue (non-rgb) keyboard. If this isn't because of a placebo, then I think it's because I've used the leeft side relatively more than the right side due to gaming reasons. Hopefully the right side will lighten up.

Tags
blue, cherry mx blue, k70 rgb lux, lux, lux k70