The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 48 votes, 4.98 average. Display Modes
Old 08-27-2015, 01:16 AM
Chraken

POST ID # = 802854
chracken Reputation: 10

I just got my K95 RGB today, this thing is awesome! I've already created a nice matrix style theme... (I know... I'm cheesy and old... yes, but I still love the movie)... Anyway, when I put my computer to sleep mode, the profile changes to some random preset mode that I can't seem to find or change. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? I've searched the forum for sleep mode issues, but most seem to come back with buttons not working properly or themes not working properly when the computer is restared. They say nothing about the whole theme changing when in sleep mode. The whole point of creating this theme was to have it look like that when I was away from the keyboard for awhile...lol... any help is much appreciated.

Old 08-27-2015, 05:02 AM

POST ID # = 802879
Jong Reputation: 10

Just click on the "hamburger" icon next to your Matrix profile and select "save profile to device memory".

Old 08-31-2015, 04:43 PM
danield6's PC Specs

POST ID # = 804112
danield6 Reputation: 10

Hello. I just got the Strafe, and I have to say, I'm glad I made the change from the conventional keyboard (for many years, for as long as I can remember) to a mechanical one. I just really love the feel and sound of it.

I have an issue with mine though. I already have chosen a lighting effect and saved a profile, but almost everytime I open my PC, it doesn't load up the lighting effect I saved. Instead, it does these crazy effects that aren't in the options. One is almost similar to the rain effect, and the other seems like the new circular wave introduced in the Strafe RGB video. I have to quit CUE and start it again in order to load my profile. Is there a way I can avoid that?

Also, I'm curious if I can have a different lighting effect for when my PC is idle and a different one while I'm actively typing? (Specifically Visor when it's idle, and type lighting when active)

Old 08-31-2015, 05:07 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team

POST ID # = 804117
Inheritance Reputation: 70

I haven heard of that issue so im not sure how to fix it, but for the second part of your question. Check out Idle Key in my signature.
Corsair USER Forums is NOT Corsair Tech Support

Old 09-06-2015, 12:18 AM

POST ID # = 805254
Ryanx3d Reputation: 10

This post fixed all my problems from this recent update. Thanks!

Old 09-07-2015, 04:25 PM
onlineconsumer's PC Specs

POST ID # = 805466
onlineconsumer Reputation: 10

How do you flash your firmware for a K70 rgb?

I was told to flash my firmware in attempt to fix the issue my k70 rgb is having but I'm not sure how to do that?

Old 09-07-2015, 04:46 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
terabyte's PC Specs

POST ID # = 805474
terabyte Reputation: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlineconsumer View Post
How do you flash your firmware for a K70 rgb?

I was told to flash my firmware in attempt to fix the issue my k70 rgb is having but I'm not sure how to do that?
You need to flash it from the CUE software. In case CUE does not detect it there is a way to hard-flash the firmware to the keyboard but it involves a different process that only the Corsair support knows.

Have you tried with CUE yet? You need to open it and go in SETTINGS > DEVICES > find your device in the list > hit the "Update Firmware" button.

Old 09-07-2015, 07:49 PM
onlineconsumer's PC Specs

POST ID # = 805523
onlineconsumer Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by terabyte View Post
You need to flash it from the CUE software. In case CUE does not detect it there is a way to hard-flash the firmware to the keyboard but it involves a different process that only the Corsair support knows.

Have you tried with CUE yet? You need to open it and go in SETTINGS > DEVICES > find your device in the list > hit the "Update Firmware" button.

It just says that it's already up to date. So by flash do they mean I get the firmware file and manually update?

Old 09-08-2015, 06:20 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
terabyte's PC Specs

POST ID # = 805566
terabyte Reputation: 73

Yes. The firmware file has been posted by James in a post but I can't really recall where right now... You can try asking Corsair support if they can provide the file.

Old 09-22-2015, 10:14 PM
jwlove59's PC Specs

POST ID # = 810065
jwlove59 Reputation: 10

So I have a questions about your guide. According to Corsair Tech Support my K95 keyboard and M65 mouse are not compatible with Windows 10. I have tried several times uninstalling the CUE, both drivers and every time I get "Device Not Detected". According to a Corsair email all drivers should be working with Windows 10. any suggestions?

Old 09-23-2015, 02:25 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team

POST ID # = 810079

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwlove59 View Post
So I have a questions about your guide. According to Corsair Tech Support my K95 keyboard and M65 mouse are not compatible with Windows 10. I have tried several times uninstalling the CUE, both drivers and every time I get "Device Not Detected". According to a Corsair email all drivers should be working with Windows 10. any suggestions?
CUE does not work with Legacy devices. and there are issues with legacy devices on windows 10 which Corsair is looking in to. but as far as a fix goes i dont have anything. I only document fixes im usually not the one to find them

Old 10-03-2015, 02:22 PM

POST ID # = 811992
Intercore Reputation: 10

I really want to love the K70 ... but the LEDs -.- .... I dont get a smooth Gradient with 512colors or 16.8Mio colors. Either they are not smooth (Even one with a lighter green to a darker one/or black) or it is flickering like hell =/ ... is there a possibility to get smooth gradients ?

Old 10-03-2015, 02:26 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team

POST ID # = 811994

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intercore View Post
I really want to love the K70 ... but the LEDs -.- .... I dont get a smooth Gradient with 512colors or 16.8Mio colors. Either they are not smooth (Even one with a lighter green to a darker one/or black) or it is flickering like hell =/ ... is there a possibility to get smooth gradients ?
not with the K70, only the Strafe. You can contact Corsair support to get a refund on the K70 or have them replace it with a Strafe. If you choose to get a Strafe replacement you will not get reimbursed for the difference.

Old 10-03-2015, 02:33 PM

POST ID # = 811996
Intercore Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by zheren159 View Post
not with the K70, only the Strafe. You can contact Corsair support to get a refund on the K70 or have them replace it with a Strafe. If you choose to get a Strafe replacement you will not get reimbursed for the difference.
Thanks for the quick reply. Than I will stick to themes where this isnt that obvious. I would appreciate an option where you can select the Mode (512/16.8Mio) within the Profile and safe it. So you dont have to switch it everytime when one option isnt looking as good as the other one for a specific Profile.

Old 10-03-2015, 03:05 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team

POST ID # = 811998

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intercore View Post
Thanks for the quick reply. Than I will stick to themes where this isnt that obvious. I would appreciate an option where you can select the Mode (512/16.8Mio) within the Profile and safe it. So you dont have to switch it everytime when one option isnt looking as good as the other one for a specific Profile.
the idea of having the option under each mode has been brought up. It should be implemented in the next major revision of CUE, in a way. I cant give more details due to NDA, but a option like that will be there.