The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 26 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-27-2012, 04:12 AM
Siamak8286's PC Specs

POST ID # = 599014
Siamak8286 Reputation: 10
Default Corsair K90 Key Problem

Hello Corsair Community.
I purchased the K90 along side with M60 mouse about a month ago and my Keyboard is updated with latest firmware and software, problem im having is random keys keeps repeating itself after they are pushed such as spacebar, numberpad keys, and almost every type keys, im not sure if im explaining this right and sorry for my bad english but its just like I said, for instance, im typing and I hit "T" and the word T keeps repeating like someone holding the "T" key and won't let go until I press couple other keys and it stops it, same with spacebar and sumbers as well. I tried reflashing the firmware and no help. It happens randomly as well so there is no way to say for sure what cause this.

Old 08-27-2012, 07:02 AM

POST ID # = 599054
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 108

If you would like the K90 replaced by Corsair, Request an RMA to replace it.

This sounds like the "Stuck" key issue.

Old 08-27-2012, 04:10 PM
Siamak8286's PC Specs

POST ID # = 599171

Is it something that I can fix or do I really need replacement?

Old 08-27-2012, 04:58 PM
Siamak8286's PC Specs

POST ID # = 599177

While I searched, it seems Corsair is aware of repeated key issue and said they will address this in the future firmware update, but it seems the firmware 1.19 did not help with this issue.... im very frustrated at this point.

Old 08-28-2012, 01:44 PM
Siamak8286's PC Specs

POST ID # = 599379

Any Corsair Official wanna comment on my problem and possible fix?

Old 08-28-2012, 03:00 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 599393
RAM GUY Reputation: 10

How often does this occur? Is it happening regularly or one out of say 100, 1000, etc keystrokes?

Old 08-28-2012, 05:43 PM
Siamak8286's PC Specs

POST ID # = 599434

Happens out of 50 to 100 keystrokes, but in truth I haven't count it.

Old 08-29-2012, 01:18 AM

POST ID # = 599475
Solace Reputation: 10

it was acknowledged in the stickied post that it was a firmware issue. it still persists on the latest firmware. numberkeys/spacebar is affected. i highly doubt rmaing the devices will solve the issue as ive already gone through 2 of them. its about 100-200 keystrokes to get it to re-occur. im fairly certain if someone took the keyboard and had a dodo or some automated device to perform the repeated clicks it would be noticable by morning if left on over night with a tool to log the i/o

Old 08-29-2012, 12:53 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 599554

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
it was acknowledged in the stickied post that it was a firmware issue. it still persists on the latest firmware. numberkeys/spacebar is affected. i highly doubt rmaing the devices will solve the issue as ive already gone through 2 of them. its about 100-200 keystrokes to get it to re-occur. im fairly certain if someone took the keyboard and had a dodo or some automated device to perform the repeated clicks it would be noticable by morning if left on over night with a tool to log the i/o
The problem with your last two suggestions is that the key repeat stops when you press a different key and software wouldn't emulate the problem correctly because you're not physically using the keyboard.

Old 09-18-2012, 09:34 PM
barrkel's PC Specs

POST ID # = 603343
barrkel Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAM GUY View Post
The problem with your last two suggestions is that the key repeat stops when you press a different key and software wouldn't emulate the problem correctly because you're not physically using the keyboard.
Not true: a physical device that tapped the keyboard once a second, while running software logging keystrokes (or rather, key up/down events) ought to spot it fairly easily.

But it doesn't matter. I've just come back on this forum to check up on further progress on the stuck key issue, and I can see: there hasn't been.

I've lost files due to this problem - delete key got stuck when reviewing which photos from my camera to keep, for example. Basically, I no longer trust my keyboard to do what I tell it.

No, not interested in RMA. Just a huge lump of customer ill will.

Old 09-19-2012, 12:27 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 603434

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrkel View Post
Not true: a physical device that tapped the keyboard once a second, while running software logging keystrokes (or rather, key up/down events) ought to spot it fairly easily.

But it doesn't matter. I've just come back on this forum to check up on further progress on the stuck key issue, and I can see: there hasn't been.

I've lost files due to this problem - delete key got stuck when reviewing which photos from my camera to keep, for example. Basically, I no longer trust my keyboard to do what I tell it.

No, not interested in RMA. Just a huge lump of customer ill will.
If it could be solved as easy you put it, then we wouldn't be having this discussion and you and I would be friends sharing stories of our conquests together.

Old 10-20-2012, 02:45 PM
Siamak8286's PC Specs

POST ID # = 608693

Im having a similar issue as well, occasionally when im typing and hit a key for example "k" keyboard keeps repeating kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk until I hit another key and it stops, which is really annoying, I replaced mine 3-4 times now and flashed to the latest firmware and nothing works, it seems Corsair don't have a real solution or answer to this either, so Im gonna wait a bit more and see if this issue gets fixed, if not as much as I love Corsair as a brand, I'm gonna have to go with another brand for my keyboard.

Old 11-09-2012, 01:15 PM
Do it Right...
Jaquith's PC Specs

POST ID # = 612565
Jaquith Reputation: 10

You're not alone, I have the same exact KB/M K90 and M60 and every so often my 'space' key keeps transmitting 'spaces' and last night I was going sideways with the 'D' key. So far this has only happened three times but I've only had the KB/M for (4) four days.

Yes, I have installed both the latest firmware and software for each device.

I 'think' this is a firmware/software thing than the actual keyboard itself. Though paying MoH Warfighter it felt a few times like the M60 froze-up a couple times briefly.

Old 11-21-2012, 01:13 AM
Pondering's PC Specs

POST ID # = 614615
Pondering Reputation: 10

The key sticking issue is getting pretty rough, it happens once every other day on average. Today I had the Delete key stuck while browsing files on my storage drive - not a good time to be rapidly hitting Delete.

Old 11-24-2012, 01:00 AM
Despair's PC Specs

POST ID # = 615197
Despair Reputation: 10

It has gotten very consistent lately for me as well on my K90 which I've had for a year with no fix. I'm pretty much done with this keyboard as it is not reliable for gaming. I'll be selling it on Amazon and looking into other mechanical keyboards. Perhaps a Ducky Shine. Very unfortunate.. I won't have as much faith in Corsair products in the future.