The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-10-2018, 09:25 PM

POST ID # = 975960
EpikasJones Reputation: 10
Question Dark Core rgb SE acceleration?

Just got the mouse few days ago and compared to my other (brand name quality mouse) it seems to have hardware based acceleration? e.g. seems to reduce DPI when moving pixel to pixel slow and seems to increase DPI when I fling it real fast. Am I just imagining this or is there really acceleration built into it that you can't turn off? And yes windows acceleration (enhance pointer precision) is off.

Last edited by EpikasJones; 10-10-2018 at 09:28 PM.

Old 10-11-2018, 02:12 PM
Apophis3's PC Specs

POST ID # = 976029
Apophis3 Reputation: 12

Enhance Pointer Precision is just one mode. The slider bar in Windows Mouse settings is the other.

Old 10-11-2018, 09:11 PM

POST ID # = 976061
EpikasJones Reputation: 10

Windows pointer speed has no real relevance inside a game so I'm not counting that either just talking about the mouses hardware/software

Old 10-12-2018, 06:27 PM
☆General☆
wølf's PC Specs

POST ID # = 976188
wølf Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpikasJones View Post
Just got the mouse few days ago and compared to my other (brand name quality mouse) it seems to have hardware based acceleration? e.g. seems to reduce DPI when moving pixel to pixel slow and seems to increase DPI when I fling it real fast. Am I just imagining this or is there really acceleration built into it that you can't turn off? And yes windows acceleration (enhance pointer precision) is off.
I just got the Dark Core non-SE version (don't need Qi charging) since my 3 year old M65 began giving me issues with holding the left click.

At first I thought I noticed an acceleration after configuring its settings on iCue, Windows, and in-game, and hence I am here. However, I rechecked my settings and it turned out I was on a different sensitivity from the default that I use. I measured my in-game 360 to actual inches at different flick speeds, and it seems to be consistent. No apparent acceleration.

So in addition to the Windows settings, make sure your in-game takes "Raw input" and has any acceleration-based settings disabled. I can't speak for the SE version but I would imagine these mice function identically in this regard. Cheers.

Old 10-15-2018, 05:02 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 976542
Corsair Calico Jack Reputation: 10

^^^^ This

Games also have mouse acceleration. Sometimes they have an input setting. Also remember to remove Enhanced Pointer Precision and Mouse Acceleration in Windows. They still mess everything up in game.

Wireless is also kind of an iffy thing. Input Lag isn't exactly common, but can affect you in an "acceleration" kind of way. Try it wired too to make sure it's not some kind of interference.

Tags
acceleration, dark core rgb se, mouse issue, problem