Corsair Community

Quick question about the k70 lux (non-lux vs lux)

goomonster3

Hello,

I have had my k70 RGB (non-lux) for the past two years and I love it! It is definately my favourite keyboard and there is no going back now.

My keyboard is starting to get scratched from travelling and I am very interested in purchasing a new keyboard. I noticed there is a new version of the k70 called the k70 lux.

Can someone please explain to me what the differences are between my normal k70 and the lux and answer the following questions:

1) The big question I have is does this keyboard fix the "flickering" bug caused by the 16.8 million colour option in CUE that the normal k70 (my current one) currently has (IE when transitioning from colours it flickers the whole keyboard - is this fixed now?).

2) Is everything else the same other than that? I love my keyboard as it is right now, so I am interested as to what is different (please list what the differences are).

Thank you!

1) The LUX version has a new/updated LED controller which fixes the old 16,8m colors flickering issue. So yes, it is fixed. They've been using the new LED controller since the Strafe RGB came out right after the original K65/K70/K95 RGB keyboards.

2) The other changes are that the keyboard can work just fine with only 1 USB 2.0 port now. In addition it also has the USB pass-through back which the original K70 didn't have as it required 2xUSB 2.0 ports for power (or 1xUSB 3.0).

1) The LUX version has a new/updated LED controller which fixes the old 16,8m colors flickering issue. So yes, it is fixed. They've been using the new LED controller since the Strafe RGB came out right after the original K65/K70/K95 RGB keyboards.

2) The other changes are that the keyboard can work just fine with only 1 USB 2.0 port now. In addition it also has the USB pass-through back which the original K70 didn't have as it required 2xUSB 2.0 ports for power (or 1xUSB 3.0).

Perfect, thanks a lot!

Archived