Corsair Community

H100i GTX and Led configuration thru Link

Kornelius

Hi everybody,

i've installed the latest version of corsair link - 3.1.5570 (yeay ! CPU temp fixed ! Thank you !) for my H100i GTX.

After walking thru all the different options, i don't find the proper one to have the possibility to set the pump led to the actual CPU temp, and having the led changing depending this temp.

Before, in CL v2, it was possible with this option :

http://i.imgur.com/f8NXA3k.png

But, after checking the new one ... :

http://i.imgur.com/DtaYlJH.png

It's not the same option than before. Have i missed something ? A secret option hidden in the middle of nowhere ? Does Link v3 still support this feature ?

Thank you.

• Corsair Employee
The H100i GTX doesn't support color cycling in the cap, which I suspect is why you're not getting that gradient. The UI could definitely be more intuitive regarding how to set it up; it looks like now there's just a toggle for when the temp is high to change the color.

• 3 weeks later...

I just got a H80i GT to replace and aging H80i and its the same for that.

Shame really, I liked the colour gradient; I can't fault the performance of the new kit but it would have been nice to have that instant feedback on temperature from the LED on the CPU block, to be honest I think removing that colour cycling was a mistake for such a premium piece of kit. Can colour cycling be re-added via a firmware update? if so it'd be worth doing from a consumers point of view

:/

I just got a H80i GT to replace and aging H80i and its the same for that.

Shame really, I liked the colour gradient; I can't fault the performance of the new kit but it would have been nice to have that instant feedback on temperature from the LED on the CPU block, to be honest I think removing that colour cycling was a mistake for such a premium piece of kit. Can colour cycling be re-added via a firmware update? if so it'd be worth doing from a consumers point of view

:/

My main tough is about the difference between the official statement and what is told here. From the product page of the H100iGTX : "You can customize cooling performance, monitor coolant and CPU temperatures, and change the color of the RGB LED lighting from the default white to match your system, or to change color based on temperature readings and other inputs."

And here, it's "not possible".

What is the truth ? Why saying in the product page that the led configuration based on CPU temp is possible and finally not.

• 4 months later...

sorry to revive a semi old thread. but what color does the LED stay at for the GTX if the CPU temp does not reach the "High Temperature" number that you set it to. does it stay at white? and is it a gradual shift to Red? like does it turn pink at round 60 degrees if the high temp is set to 70?

i started playing around with this feature last night, but did not spend a whole lot of time with it because it was hard to figure it out, and not very intuitive.

i came home and tried the LED feature again. no luck. only way the LED would change color in accordance to temp change is with water temperature. it will only allow you to assign to the GTX water temp group, and not CPU temp group. despite i manually went into Groups tab, and tried adding the LED module to the CPU temp group, it yield a message that the LED module can only be linked to its own group of Water Temp or something like that. so looks like the GTX model will only allow you to link its LED shifting mechanism to water temp only, and on top of that, there's no color ramp.

in case if anyone is wondering.

Archived