Corsair Community

SF PSU Recall info needed

BMV

Hi all,

Today I received my purchased SF750 PSU that falls within the affected lot codes as advertised on this thread https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=197081&highlight=SF+replacement

My questions are:

1) Should I contact my reseller to organise a replacement for me and let them deal with the recall or should I do it myself via the Corsair RMA page?

2) Living in Germany, it is mandatory to pay import tax of any goods that come from outside of EU, therefore will the replacement PSU come from Corsair's Netherland distribution center or from elsewhere?

3) Will the replacement PSU be a brand new unit or a refurb unit? Mine is currently still in the plastic wrapping unopened and I would like to receive a brand new replacement.

4) Roughly how long does the advance replacement unit take to arrive to end users? Are we talking days or weeks?

Thank you for your help and any additional information you can provide.

Thanks for your reply, however as mentioned on Corsair's website, their phones are offline until next week. I thought someone (other customers or even moderators) might be able to provide more insight on the matter. Also I can't seem to find any European support numbers so I figured forum would be a good idea.

• Corsair Employee
Thanks for your reply, however as mentioned on Corsair's website, their phones are offline until next week. I thought someone (other customers or even moderators) might be able to provide more insight on the matter. Also I can't seem to find any European support numbers so I figured forum would be a good idea.

You submit a ticket to them. Don't call them. When you call, you're subject to U.S. holidays and hours. The ticket system can be answered by any rep, any where.

I can give you some answers:

1. Contact Corsair, not your reseller, as your reseller probably doesn't have a replacement.

2. Corsair will pay for all shipping, customs fees, etc.

3. The replacement will be a new unit.

4. Depends on the volume of the returns. This, nobody but someone at Corsair HQ can answer. But they did say that the customers exchanging SF Series PSUs are getting priority over new sales.