Corsair Community

Pump outside of case ?

sloeri

Hi all,

i'm getting ready for a new build.

will be a 3950X ryzen or a i9 10940x (the latter of they come out soon and if pricing is ok) with a Aorus 2080 Waterforce.

this i would build in a Obsidian 500d Se.

preferably with a 360mm rad in the front and a 240(280) in the top.

there will be most likely just to little room inside the case for the waterpump (configurator proposes a 240 up top, and 2 x 120 rad in the back and the front).

so i was thinking of attaching the pump at the back of the case, and maybe make a protective cover around it. it would be convenient with a drain tap as well in fact.

anyone did something similar, or is it a bad idea????

the Obsidian 1000D is too big, and the 500d is perhaps a few centimeter too small :biggrin: @ Corsair, invent us a 550d or 600d in the same style of the 1000 or 500 :D:

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Joeri

As long as you're fine with how it looks, it will be perfectly fine :)

If you'll mount your Aorus 2080 Waterforce vertically, you will be able to install XR5 360 in the front and XR5 240 on the top without the need to put the pump outside.

yeah, i would be fine with it. but obviously would prefer to have it inside the case.

With the recent Custom loop developments from different manufacturers, i think there is a bit of a gap in PC Cases now which isn't filled.

Like the Obsidian 500D, it is 500mm*507mm*230mm

if you go all out on Custom Water loop, and a Big GPU you, and a good storage Array, you get into space issues still.

but there is no viable alternative from Corsair which is like 600mm*600mm*300mm.

that would give quite some more freedom.

that would make it possible to use the XR7 rads, a big GPU and still have room to have enough storage build in as well.

So i'm hoping a bit for a Obsidian type which falls somehow between the 500D and the 1000D :)

i LOVE the looks of the obsidian, so i will just need to adapt my build so that i can fit it into the case :)

Current plan =

AMD 3950X on a Gigabyte Aorus Master mobo

Corsair ram (64gb)

Gigabyte 2080 Ti Waterforce WB

360mm Rad (XR5) in the front

240mm Rad on the top

2 x old style 10Tb Hard drive

2 Samsung SSD

can't wait to get started with it. Looking at other people's builds, this case with the RGB stuff etc is just awesome.

Yes, exactly ! :biggrin:

its got to happen sooner or later..

i have the 570x (same chassis as the 500d) and the 1000d and there is certainly a gap between those two cases that the 680x doesnt fill.

we need a 754D or 789x :D:

or something like this

http://i.imgur.com/3o9HNW6l.png

this is my own concept! not Corsairs

:laughing::laughing::idea::laughing::laughing:

its got to happen sooner or later..

i have the 570x (same chassis as the 500d) and the 1000d and there is certainly a gap between those two cases that the 680x doesnt fill.

we need a 754D or 789x :D:

:laughing::laughing::idea::laughing::laughing:

yeah, the 680x is probably a great case for many, and the dual chamber does give you good cable management options, but it's just somehow a let down to have to put the Water Pump/reservoir in the back if you go with 2 rads and a big GPU.

Taste preferences are subjective off coarse, but i love the looks of the 500 and the 1000 :p:

totally agree lol.. hiding that rather pretty and colorful pump in the back would be a sin.

and yeah triple 360 front would be 'ambient' lol....

imagine this

http://i.imgur.com/v7qcbswl.png

Lol Zotty....

i'd need to make an extension to my house first then, to be able to fit this case into the room :D::D::D::D:

Would an i3 with 2gb ram and a Voodoo 2 card fit in that case ? :p:

Might be more room than you think in the 500D (see below) or you could opt for an unconventional pump style (5.25”, plate, etc) and see if that creates internal room. There is no reason the pump has to be inside, but then you must run at least 1 tube in and 1 back out through the case wall. Also, it will make some noise. In open air, maybe toward a corner so you don’t see it... might get some strange acoustics.

https://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190186

yeah, i would be fine with it. but obviously would prefer to have it inside the case.

With the recent Custom loop developments from different manufacturers, i think there is a bit of a gap in PC Cases now which isn't filled.

Like the Obsidian 500D, it is 500mm*507mm*230mm

if you go all out on Custom Water loop, and a Big GPU you, and a good storage Array, you get into space issues still.

but there is no viable alternative from Corsair which is like 600mm*600mm*300mm.

that would give quite some more freedom.

that would make it possible to use the XR7 rads, a big GPU and still have room to have enough storage build in as well.

So i'm hoping a bit for a Obsidian type which falls somehow between the 500D and the 1000D :)

i LOVE the looks of the obsidian, so i will just need to adapt my build so that i can fit it into the case :)

Current plan =

AMD 3950X on a Gigabyte Aorus Master mobo

Corsair ram (64gb)

Gigabyte 2080 Ti Waterforce WB

360mm Rad (XR5) in the front

240mm Rad on the top

2 x old style 10Tb Hard drive

2 Samsung SSD

can't wait to get started with it. Looking at other people's builds, this case with the RGB stuff etc is just awesome.

500D + vertical GPU + XR5 360 + XD5 in the front works perfectly.

https://builds.gg/hydrox/hydrox-golden-standard-19009

77657_1000.jpg