Corsair Community

firmware update hangs

afrocircuit

My k95 RGB just got in and needed an firmware update, but every time I select the bin file and start the update process it just hands at 0% and keeps saying update. Did anyone else have this issue?

So far the longest I've waited was about 3 minutes with no update progress, currently waiting now to see if maybe that wasn't being patient enough.

• Corsair Employee
We recommend doing the firmware update on USB 2.0 and then if you want, re-plug back into a USB 3.0 after. A lot of the USB 3.0 ports on motherboards use a third party controller like Asmedia and they tend to have more problems than native controllers.

I have K70 RGB and I had the same problem, I solved it by moving the BIOS switch on the back of the keyboard to "2".

Same solution worked for me. Moved the switch to "2" and firmware downloaded to keyboard just fine. Connected using one USB 3.0 cable on an Intel USB port.

Hey guy's Thanks for all the replies, I still couldn't get it to work properly trying those solutions so I ended up plugging it in to my laptop and installing the software onto that. My laptop had no issues updating it via usb 3.0 so I think I'm just having an issue with the software itself which is weird cause I've uninstalled it several times and still get the same issue. Also, now I'm having no issues and it says the device "Works normally", but it constantly prompts me to update. I guess I'll just sit tight and wait for the next software update and hope that clears things up. Until then the keyboard works just fine now.

The software also prompted me to update the firmware again once the initial firmware update was done, I restarted and updated once again the firmware with the same .bin file and then it stopped nagging me about the update.

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived