Corsair Community

CPU_FAN vs AIO_PUMP (Need to decide which goes to which)

zihanzzz

Hi,

I am completely new to building PCs and I have the following configurations:

Asus STRIX Z270E Motherboard (with the following headers: CPU_FAN, CPU_OPT, 2xChassis FAN, AIO_PUMP, H_AMP_FAN)

Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling (one connector coming out of the pump)

Corsair Carbide 600C Case (It has three AF140L case fans)

How should I plug my wires to those headers?

Mainly, the cable coming out of the pump, should it go to CPU_FAN or AIP_PUMP? I've searched around and there seem to be different opinions. Which one is better?

Also, my case has three fans, and I think two of them are going to Chassis fan headers, how about the third one? Should it go to CPU_OPT or H_AMP_FAN? Does it matter?

Thanks. I would really appreciate if you can tell me the solution. If there are tradeoffs, please do let me know as well.

Use CPU_FAN so the if the H115i pump fails you get the CPU_FAN failed BIOS warning.

Plug the fans into the other headers

Okay I will plug my pump into CPU_FAN header.

One follow up question, my case's front panel has a three speed fan controller (slow, normal, fast). I am guessing if I plug my two case fans into Chassis fan headers, then their speed can be controlled by the controller. However, I have a third case fan, where should it go so that its speed is also going to be controlled by the fan controller?

Thanks!

It would be easier to help you if you used http://forum.corsair.com/forums/profile.php?do=extra so we don't need to go searching for your PC specs.

If you connect the fans to the three speed fan controller the slow, normal and fast buttons can to used to change their speed.

If you connect the fans to the motherboard the buttons will not work and you should configure the fan control in the BIOS. Connect the third fan to H_AMP_FAN.

Archived