azamet

https://i.ibb.co/DtChvHS/i-CUE-24-10-2020-09-57-24.png

https://i.ibb.co/WDHMNnY/i-CUE-23-10-2020-08-05-04.png

https://i.ibb.co/fqLz9yG/i-CUE-23-10-2020-08-07-38.png

https://i.ibb.co/hRr6Y7s/20201025-011619.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/Cm7Rj3k/20201025-011633.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/HXccxp9/20201025-011234.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/16jBDdn/20201025-011607.jpg

im using h100i grp platinum i cannot control fan1 but fan2 is posible to control. and i can control the pump... i did posted email and they said me there should a repair option unders apps and features but i cannot find that option... it was not cheap and for that price what i get is i feel like im fooled... i cannot please for help it was not a free thing to get but this is what you are waiting from me and this is how it feels like for me if i see the email responses...

will i buy anything named corsair? never!

fan1 is everytime at 2500 rpm... and yeah looks like i open the topic to wrong place because of anger... and i cannot understand that if i put 3 pin thing to cpu_fan1 then on the bios is default settings for that fan! so which one the computer will do? what the program says or what the bios says? i really feel dissappointed... i really feel like i throw my money to toilet... waiting to get it fixed maybe over 3 days... and using this useless cooler on full speed since 1 month... let see when it will break my expensive motherboard or itself...

if i select lighting effects for fan2 it is applied for fan1 but if i select only for fan1 and fan2 is not selected then none light is coming... your hardware is just not working good... if someone talks good about any hardware in youtube it is 99.999% fake, lie and broken... this is my second experience that i watch on youtube videos and decide to buy somethings with that... it is a new method of ads i think. cpu_fan1 connected or not there is zero change... what is this hardware :D

Edited by Technobeard
changed images to links - too big

The 3-pin connector plugs into your CPU fan header on the motherboard. That only provides RPM info to the motherboard so the bios knows you have a cpu "fan" otherwise the system may not boot or give you a CPU fan is missing error.

You then have 2 PWM fan connectors coming off the pump which is where you will plug the 2 fans that are on the radiator.

Then you have a connector that comes off the pump and plugs into a USB header on your motherboard. This has be to connected to control anything which based on your screen shots it is.

Then under the settings tab in iCue, you can see if there is a firmware update for that particular device so check that and update if needed. you can also check to see if you have the latest iCue verson on that screen.

If everything is hooked up correctly and you still can't control your fans, then perhaps the units is defective and needs to be replaced.

Fan control is through CUE application. Fan #1 appears to be stuck at 100% and most of the time this is a hardware issue. Disconnect Fan #1 from its connector, then re-connect. Often bad contact on the tach pin can cause this. If it does not work, then swap fans 1 and 2 on the connectors. You want to see if the problem stays with "fan #1" suggesting it's a controller or software problem or if it moves to fan #2 it likely is a problem on the fan itself.

If the problem remains on fan #1 after the swap, I would update or force update the firmware for the cooler to try and reset the controller.

Pump speed is three fixed settings on this unit. The same 'presets' for fans (Quiet/Balanced/Extreme) control it, but they don't mean the same thing as for fans. Quiet will be approximate 2000 rpm, Balanced 2400, and Extreme 2700-2800. Most users will not see improvements on higher pump speeds.

The 3-pin connector plugs into your CPU fan header on the motherboard. That only provides RPM info to the motherboard so the bios knows you have a cpu "fan" otherwise the system may not boot or give you a CPU fan is missing error.

You then have 2 PWM fan connectors coming off the pump which is where you will plug the 2 fans that are on the radiator.

Then you have a connector that comes off the pump and plugs into a USB header on your motherboard. This has be to connected to control anything which based on your screen shots it is.

Then under the settings tab in iCue, you can see if there is a firmware update for that particular device so check that and update if needed. you can also check to see if you have the latest iCue verson on that screen.

If everything is hooked up correctly and you still can't control your fans, then perhaps the units is defective and needs to be replaced.

Fan control is through CUE application. Fan #1 appears to be stuck at 100% and most of the time this is a hardware issue. Disconnect Fan #1 from its connector, then re-connect. Often bad contact on the tach pin can cause this. If it does not work, then swap fans 1 and 2 on the connectors. You want to see if the problem stays with "fan #1" suggesting it's a controller or software problem or if it moves to fan #2 it likely is a problem on the fan itself.

If the problem remains on fan #1 after the swap, I would update or force update the firmware for the cooler to try and reset the controller.

Pump speed is three fixed settings on this unit. The same 'presets' for fans (Quiet/Balanced/Extreme) control it, but they don't mean the same thing as for fans. Quiet will be approximate 2000 rpm, Balanced 2400, and Extreme 2700-2800. Most users will not see improvements on higher pump speeds.

I already did what both of you said but it's still not working I will edit after 5 minutes this post for upload the pictures and thanks for giving me time

i did uploaded images but still no luck after unplug and plug again ... maybe i need older version of firmware... i already have the latest one but how to get old version firmware image file? Edited by azamet

Don't downgrade the firmware. This isn't version 1.xx has a control issue. It's about the controller potentially being glitched and reloading the same firmware to correct it.

We need to know if the problem moved to fan 2 when you swapped the connectors or the new fan did the same thing on channel #1.

Don't downgrade the firmware. This isn't version 1.xx has a control issue. It's about the controller potentially being glitched and reloading the same firmware to correct it.

We need to know if the problem moved to fan 2 when you swapped the connectors or the new fan did the same thing on channel #1.

i did changed the cables before maybe 2 days ago and yes the problem happens to fan2 same if i change swap the cables rpm is different but stuck

Edited by azamet

If fan #1 is stuck at 2400 pm, then you move to #2, and now fan #2 stuck at 2400 while fan #1 is now in control... then the problem is on the fan. It can be as simple as a kink in the tach wire. Contact Corsair Support or exchange the fan with the vendor. However, given this is a Platinum cooler and those are special fans, you would likely need to swap the entire unit (which is not the problem) because it's all one part or SKU#. Corsair could likely send you just the fan.

You can verify there is an issue with the fan by moving it to a motherboard fan header. It should be stuck at maximum there too.

Immediate solutions - If you have a PWM splitter around, connect it to either fan channel and then make sure "the good fan" is on the end with 4 pins. Put the misbehaving fan on the end with 3 pins. That end doesn't have a tach wire and so it avoids the problem.

i did tested to swap cables again to be sure sorry for giving wrong information but im happy to say it is everytime the same fan high speed it is not changing even if i swap now i swapped back to orginal again... since it is a software problem you say i need help from you to solve this problem over software... i forced update firmware but result is same... i also can control the fan speed but only one of them... swapping cables i have same fan speed on same fan.... Edited by azamet

edit: i decided to use it on motherboard fan and never buy anything from corsair :D

I have been using corsair for 20 years and I have only had to RMA 1 item which was a h115i that failed after 4 years. I still have a working h50 that I bought in 2010. I did buy some RAM at a garage sale and one stick didn't work. They still replaced it for me.

If its new, go exchange it or RMA and get a replacement, they will take care of it.

Edited by Qqu