Corsair Community

LED profiles revert back to first saved profile

Arimis5226

Okay, so when I first put this in my rig, I set up an initial profile. My LED profile reverts back to my very first saved profile everytime I reboot my system. Is this a known issue, or is there a known solution? An even more frightning proposal would be, is this an unknown issue? :/

No, I have to change the saved profile everytime i start the software after restart. It's not saving my profiles, basically. Although I think I may have found a work around. Goto profile management, remove all profiles (delete), save current profile and set as default. Not working as it should, but I believe this is working for me. I'll post here if it goes bonkers again.

• Corsair Employee
Once you save a profile it should save to the Link and run that profile for the fans, however, it will take a few min for the fans to slow to the profile setting it will not run the profile speed right away.

I think you are misunderstanding me. When I boot up my computer, I startup the link software. My profile is reverted back to my original first profile I created and saved. I make changes to that profile, and save. When I restart my computer, I load the link software. My profile is reverted back to my original first profile again. The cycle goes on forever and ever. Basically, any changes that I make to my profile are not saving (yes I saved the profile, but the saves don't carry over to my next system start up).

• Corsair Employee
Yes I have seen that and we are looking into that but you may have to delete the profiles saved in that folder then create a new profile and save it. The link unit will only save one profile it seems but it may not update when a saved profile exists.

Yes, I tried that. It didn't work. I tried uninstalling the software and reinstalling. Looks like my profiles aren't deleted upon uninstallation either. Either way, I'll let you know if the reinstall gets me back on track when I get home.

I actually had that problem too. Something I didn't try yet:

Disconnect the Commander (or take your system from power) for about half an hour so you're sure everything is "bled empty".

Then make sure you have your profile set exactly as you want it and then save it. Perhaps it'll save it again when it starts out "cold" (at least for the first save you try).

I can't try it any more as I've returned the unit.

• 1 month later...
Can anyone confirm that this work(disconnecting)? my LEDs shut off after every resume/poweron ever since I got it. Not ONE single feature works properly on my corsair link since I got it over 2 months ago. Glad I could help fund further R&D on a non functional product.

Can anyone confirm that this work(disconnecting)? my LEDs shut off after every resume/powering ever since I got it. Not ONE single feature works properly on my corsair link since I got it over 2 months ago. Glad I could help fund further R&D on a non functional product.

I can confirm that it does not work with fan profiles. On 5/8/12 I cleared the unit by completely removing power (unplugged) from my system for 24 hours and disconnecting the usb connector from the motherboard. This morning after powering and booting the fans were not responding as expected and after viewing the profile all of the fan curves had been reset to some "default" curves.

Update-After my last post at 7:10 am I deleted all profile (3) in the GUI. Made sure the .xml file were not preset in corsair link folder, unplugged power supply, went about my morning business, plugged in the power supply after 1hr 45min. booted, opened the GUI and my last stored values (device names, fan curves, fan associations to thermal inputs) were still present. .XML files are not in the corsair link folder.

Conclusion? every bit of the .xml data along with information not present in xmil file (fan curves) is stored in the link (non-volatile) memory.

Conclusion 2? No idea why the link would revert to mystery fan curves for no apparent reason.

I will continue testing other ideas.

Archived