Corsair Community

ICue not showing MB and CPU temps after MB upgrade

c_zagarskas

Problem Summary in 1 sentence:

Corsair iCue does not detect CPU temp nor the onboard Motherboard temps on the X570 Aqua, it previously detected all of these on the Gigabyte X570 Master.

Solution Needed:

Get the iCue Software to detect the X570 Aqua onboard temps

Consider the following image for clarification of the problem:

http://img4.imagetitan.com/img4/cVooUFZx8RwM14P/20/20_test1.png

Explanation:

Consider the following timeline

Built system A with

• CPU: Ryzen 3900x
  • MB: Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master
  • GPU: Titan RTX
  • Corsair top of the line, Custom cooling, nice ram, Force 600's the works

Worked great, iCue gave me a dashboard item galled Gigabyte X570. It also gave me the ability to adjust fan curves based on the MB sensors, namely the CPU temp.

This allowed me to make the following profiles:

• iCue Profile: VIDEO EDITING - where as the fan-speed would be based on the CPU processing
  • iCue Profile: VIDEO RENDERING - where as the fan-speed would be based on the GPU processing
  • iCue Profile: VOICE OVER RECORDING - where as the system would run silently, unless the CPU reaches 75-80 degrees

All was well, expect 1 horrible thing, turns out that the Chip-set fan on the X570 can not be controlled in any way that is productive for Audio recording and voiceovers. So, I bleed deeply for the Aqua X570

Drained the liquid coolant system and completely rebuilt for the X570 Aqua. Works great, new build as follows:

Built system B with

• CPU: Ryzen 3900x
  • MB: ASrock X570 Aqua
  • GPU: Titan RTX
  • Corsair top of the line, Custom cooling, nice ram, Force 600's the works

Result: Now the MB and CPU temps are missing and can not be selected for profile creation nor do they appear on the Dashboard.

The motherboard sensors - that's hard to say. That could be the the CPUID SDK version in iCUE isn't updated - HWInfo will almost always have a more recent version.

But one thing to try is to clear out the custom names and widgets for the Dashboard. You can do this by deleting the files in %AppData%\Corsair\CUE\sensors and %AppData%\Corsair\CUE\widgets. Of course, backing them up before deleting them is a good idea. You'll need to exit iCUE before you do this though.

There is a import/export function for profiles in the main profile tab.

There is a local copy. It was referenced above in the C:Users/(name)/App Data (hidden)/Roaming/Corsair folder. The suggestion was to make a copy of that entire Corsair folder and save it. Then delete the selected items from the original location. You can drop the corresponding pieces back in if this doesn’t go well rather than re-create.

Firmware for iCUE? iCUE is the software. What device? You haven’t listed any of your iCUE devices in the list above or how it is related to the monitoring issue.

• 4 months later...

For the sake of posterity all my issues were resolved when version 3.27.68 came out and that update recognizes the onboard AQUA MB and the RYZEN temps.

However, now the Titan RTX temperature sensor is gone from the Dashboard although it can be selected as a Sensor.

For example: ETS677j.png

Try deleting the current dash widget for the GPU and then re-adding it via the drop down menu.

There is no third fan on any 2000 series GPU I have seen. Most of the triple fan models likely use a onboard splitter/circuit for the 2nd fan so they don't have to create another custom PCB with three independent fan controls, which no one really needs anyway.

It's just dawned on me (because I had a similar, related issue) that not only can you reorder small graphs inside a hardware 'group'...... You can also drag them out of the group to become their own larger graph. And drag them back in again. Drag all the icons out of a group and you can actually hide the group, the individual icons stay shown in Dashboard.

Thanks indirectly for giving me the idea to try thinking/dragging outside the box :cool: I guess this will answer your question, if you want to group them all again. Incidentally I tried ordering the separated graphs then closing and reopening iCue - it got the ordering all wrong on next open, so don't expect miracles.

Edited by Synergist