Corsair Community

iCue Crash at Start with HP Reverb G2

Interesting issue and not sure what it causing it. I just got an HP Reverb G2 yesterday, which is the newest HP VR headset developed with Valve. I use iCue to control all of my RGB lighting for my pc and there is a lot!.

When I have the Reverb G2 plugged in via USB and recognized by Windows, and then try and start iCue, it crashes as it tries to load the main screen. I've reinstalled, and it makes no difference. If I unplug the Reverb G2, iCue works with no issues. If I plug in the Reverb G2 while iCue is already running, it continues to run without issues. The VR headset being present only seems to cause iCue to crash when it starts.

I mean, not the end of the world as for now I would just keep the Reverb G2 USB unplugged except when I want to use it. but I would like to get thoughts on what could be causing this and hopefully fix it.

i7-9700k

RTX 2080Ti

ASUS ROG Strix z-390e Gaming

ASUS ROG Strix Thor 850W PSU

32 GB (16x2) Corsair Vengence RGB Pro memory

Corsair H115i Platinum AIO

Sorry to hear about this since I'm waiting to receive an HP Reverb G2 myself.

Due to all issues we've seen with later versions of iCUE, I'm still on 3.30.97 which is the latest stable version for me where all my Corsair hardware (plus all other hardware) still work with no issues.

What version of iCUE are you guys on and have you tried older versions of iCUE such as the one I mention above?

If you haven't and want to give it a try, you can download it directly by going to ->

http://downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUESetup_3.30.97_release.msi

Interesting issue and not sure what it causing it. I just got an HP Reverb G2 yesterday, which is the newest HP VR headset developed with Valve. I use iCue to control all of my RGB lighting for my pc and there is a lot!.

When I have the Reverb G2 plugged in via USB and recognized by Windows, and then try and start iCue, it crashes as it tries to load the main screen. I've reinstalled, and it makes no difference. If I unplug the Reverb G2, iCue works with no issues. If I plug in the Reverb G2 while iCue is already running, it continues to run without issues. The VR headset being present only seems to cause iCue to crash when it starts.

I mean, not the end of the world as for now I would just keep the Reverb G2 USB unplugged except when I want to use it. but I would like to get thoughts on what could be causing this and hopefully fix it.

i7-9700k

RTX 2080Ti

Same problem here. As soon as I installed the Reverb G2, iCue crashed upon restart and now it no longer detects my K100 keyboard.

Sorry to hear about this since I'm waiting to receive an HP Reverb G2 myself.

Due to all issues we've seen with later versions of iCUE, I'm still on 3.30.97 which is the latest stable version for me where all my Corsair hardware (plus all other hardware) still work with no issues.

What version of iCUE are you guys on and have you tried older versions of iCUE such as the one I mention above?

If you haven't and want to give it a try, you can download it directly by going to ->

http://downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUESetup_3.30.97_release.msi

Thanks this works for me now. (Reverb G2 install as well)

I have HP Reverb G1 and iCUE failed to find any devices (I have Commander Pro and HX1000i PSU) if I had the goggles plugged in.

Found this from the log:

cue.plugin.aura_sdk_controller: Failed call to create instance of AuraSdk with HRESULT: "0xFFFFFFFF80040154"

Then I disabled the plugin support from the iCUE settings, then iCUE started to work normally and found all the devices.

• 3 weeks later...
Delete the Lenovo folders in Program Files\Corsair\Corsair iCue Software\Plugins folder

That worked for me (oddly enough, as I don't have a single Lenovo device within a country mile of my rig), but I lost all my profiles troubleshooting before I found this sage advice.

Go figure!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Delete the Lenovo folders in Program Files\Corsair\Corsair iCue Software\Plugins folder

THIS.

This is the solution, and it's actually the second time I've used it when having iCUE problems.

It makes no flipping sense to me, as it's totally illogical, but nonetheless, it just works.

I forgot about it because it's so completely off the wall, but a little searching and I found it (again), and it worked (again).

Just do it, and write it down somewhere for next time.

And, on EDIT, see? I already made the same comment on this same post, though this was related to a software update, not a Reverb G2 thing, though by pure coincidence, I DID just get a G2 myself.

Edited by KevyKevTPA

i7-9700k

RTX 2080Ti

What is the version of iCUE?

This issue has been driving me crazy for 2 days! I uninstalled and re-installed everything. Deleted MSI Afterburner, complete clean wipe uninstall of iCUE, checked cable on block, etc. Then tonight I just decided to disconnect USB devices and CUE worked! Figured out it was my new G2 and did a search and found this thread.

I'm using the latest CUE software that was released on January 11th.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
We're still investigating this issue, and will provide an update once we have a fix in place through an update to iCUE.

Nick, your note is not aging gracefully. I know it's not the biggest deal in the world (and I have to give props to Corsair in general for handling an RMA on an expensive (as mice go) mouse), but it would be nice if you guys could fix this.

It's happened to me several times, so I'm at the point that I remember how to fix it, but I'm already needing to reinstall it.

Thanks!

KM

I just went from icue 3 to icue 4 and I found this problem, I disconnected all absolutely all my peripherals and devices and nothing achieved that it stopped freezing when I started, until I realized that it was the ASUS plugin fault, when I deleted it it worked for me, therefore my card is an rtx 2070 asus strix and it would be silly and illogical to disconnect it, I hope Corsair can solve this soon, I am in the most recent version of icue 4.9.350.

I've had 0 issues with iCUE the last two years, then I bought a HP Reverb G2 and it suddenly stopped working entirely. I'm happy to have found this thread.

Deleting the Lenovo folders (all three of them) makes iCUE start again, as said earlier in the thread.

However, a Corsair service "MSI plugin" steals 100% CPU (of 1 core, so 2.8%) - which it did not do before buying the HP Reverb G2. I have MSI motherboard (TRX40) & GPU (Suprim X 3090). Deleting the MSI folder as well from the plugins resolved also this issue.

But now I'm uncertain what I lose from removing all these plugins. Whats the ETA for a patch of this issue?

I'm currently running v 4.9.350 of iCUE. Please assist.

Edited by jezeri1

• Corsair Employee

In the new version of iCUE you can disable the plugins through the settings. You shouldn't need to delete any folders when using this method.

We are looking into both the issue with Reverb G2 headsets and the MSI Plugins using high amounts of CPU. Do you have MSI Dragon Center Installed? Try disabling it and see if that improves your useage.

In the new version of iCUE you can disable the plugins through the settings. You shouldn't need to delete any folders when using this method.

I couldn't even start iCUE to reach the settings without deleting the folders, it crashed just when the window appeared on each attempt.

We are looking into both the issue with Reverb G2 headsets and the MSI Plugins using high amounts of CPU. Do you have MSI Dragon Center Installed? Try disabling it and see if that improves your useage.

Thanks for looking into this, appreciated! I don't have Dragon Center, but I do have MSI Creator Center - guess that's roughly the same thing?