Corsair Community

How to connect everything?

Cisney_Gassai

Hello o/,

I wonder if someone can help me on how I should connect all my corsair components as they are a lot so I'm not sure on how to connect them.

This is what I have.

4x ML120 Fans

2x LL120 Fans

1x XD3 Pump

1x XC7 CPU Block

1x Unreleased AMD 6000 Series GPU Block :confused:

1x Commander Pro

3x RGB Fan Led Hub

3x Lightning Node Pro

If I can connect everything with just the commander pro and 1 rgb fan led hub that would be nice as my 280X case is very small.

What's on my mind is connect all 6 fans RGB into the RGB Fan Led Hub (I read on this forum it works mixing LL and ML fans), then into the commander pro rgb and power for the fans, daisy chain the cpu/gpu block and pump and connect that RGB into the 1 RGB port left on the commander pro and... what about the pump power? into the motherboard? I'm not sure :c my motherboard has a PUMP_FAN header but I'm not sure if it is the same or the right way to connect the pump, the manual says to connect it into the 6th port of the commander pro but I don't have enough for all the fans.

Thanks for all your help in advance :).

ML fans to one RGB hub, LL to the other. You would need one fan splitter to connect two of the fans to the CoPro and keep proper pump RPM control through iCue, using port 6(you can use any port actually but need one for pump control using iCue). So you would also need one of the Node Pro's as well, you need 2 LED ports for the hubs and one port for the RGB on the pump and block. You could get away with running all the RGB on one hub but you will not have full control of the lighting options, like two different color on fans as you will only be able to set them to one solid color.

ML fans to one RGB hub, LL to the other. You would need one fan splitter to connect two of the fans to the CoPro and keep proper pump RPM control through iCue, using port 6(you can use any port actually but need one for pump control using iCue). So you would also need one of the Node Pro's as well, you need 2 LED ports for the hubs and one port for the RGB on the pump and block. You could get away with running all the RGB on one hub but you will not have full control of the lighting options, like two different color on fans as you will only be able to set them to one solid color.

My plan is to set a solid color, so maybe I can just use one RGB hub with all 6 fans, then use a PWM splitter to connect the two LL fans into the commander pro and have 1 more slot to connect the pump? LL fans are for the front intake so it doesn't matter if they share speed, in fact I guess they will look better :roll:

the pump power is usually connected directly to the PSU using a molex connector, and the PWM signal comes from the CoPro.

By the way i hope you also have a radiator or two :p

Yeah but with 6 fans I don't have anything left in the commander pro :c. And yes, I'm using two rads.

My plan is to set a solid color, so maybe I can just use one RGB hub with all 6 fans, then use a PWM splitter to connect the two LL fans into the commander pro and have 1 more slot to connect the pump? LL fans are for the front intake so it doesn't matter if they share speed, in fact I guess they will look better :roll:

Yeah but with 6 fans I don't have anything left in the commander pro :c. And yes, I'm using two rads.

I have 6 fans in mine, 2 for exhaust and 4 for rads. So I put a splitter on the exhaust fans to keep them the same speed. So you could just use splitters on the rad fans. And for the fan RGB you could use just one RGB hub and use a single color, set the fans to be the model with the most LED's so that it lights them all up.

You can get by with 1 RGB hub and channel if you put the ML after the LL on the hub. You would then tell CUE you have "LL fans x 3". This will generate lighting in a 16-16-16 group. The 4 ML will each act like 1/4 of a LL fan (4-4-4-4). For static effects this has no meaning at all and they will all look normal. For moving effects, things will either appear "slow" through the 16 LED LL or "too fast" through the 4 LED ML, depending on your perspective. At 4 LEDs/sec, a pulse takes 4 seconds to complete 1 LL fan or 4 seconds to travel through all 4 ML fans. However, you can still program the groups separately. You can tell the front 2 x LL to do one effect and have the 4 ML do another. Also recognize that you won't "see" the 4 ML in CUE. You will see a 3rd LL and each 4 of it's LEDs comprise 1 ML. That would make programming complex lighting patterns for the ML slightly more tedious with individual LED application required.

All you need it 1 PWM splitter for the speed control. 5 ports for fans. 1 for pump. Doesn't really matter which fans you pair up.

No Lighting Node Pros in this build (as of now).

Commander Pro

RGB Ch 1 - 2xLL + 4xML on RGB Lighting Hub

RGB Ch 2 - XD3 + XC7 daisy chain (direct connection - no hub)