Corsair Community

Corsair Obsidian 1000D Missing HDD LED cable?

BravoVet90

I bought the Corsair 1000D and I am looking for the HDD LED cable. Did the case come with one?

Below are pictures of the cables bundled in the case. The picture with just two cables is from the front panel and the picture with 4 cables is what was bundled in the back of the case.

2230219F-0AB3-452C-916D-781033A59CBE.thumb.jpeg.02c6d6723cdd6b388cec43f3056e0fc1.jpeg

6600ABD7-CF92-402E-A114-B346E397797D.thumb.jpeg.fede79de6673796811daf20938aba88e.jpeg

most computers today do not have HDDs anyway. It was useful when the spinners were created. Now not really.

Today it's more of a fun gimmick for the old guys.. i mean, us. But it's just a LED. You can buy HDD led harnesses on amazon if you really want, and place it wherever you like.

I recently did a 280X build, encountered the same HDD led absence. As I fall in the "Today it's more of a fun gimmick for the old guys.." camp lol. I stripped a HDD harness from an old case by just cutting out the two way pug for that lamp with a craft tool. I then got some small diameter chrome effect spiral wrap and wrapped the cable, cut 8mm off the end of a clear Bic pen shaft epoxied the LED into it like a lens and attached it to the hoses for my CPU cooler with it protruding up straight. To be fair it looks pretty good, this was my first build where I would not have had the HDD LED present and as I have a pair of 1TB drives in my build for storage I wanted the LED indicator. Had I only had the pair of M.2's I installed on the Mobo then I wouldn't have bothered. In all honesty with a bit of hindsight I wouldn't have bothered but it's there now and with the lens and wrap it looks way more functional than the actuality lol.