Corsair Community

Asus Aura Syne profiles or just migrate to Armoury

Aliti_308

Hi,

I have been using Asus Aura Sync, which I prefer over Armoury Crate, unfortunately, Asus Aura Sync doesn't store profiles? so when shutting the PC off, all the configuration I set up goes missing the next time I run it which sucks heavily. This is version V2_1

I played around with Armoury crate but found it painful to use.

Is there a work around for the profiles in Aura Sync other than migrating to Armoury?

What can I do?

Aura doesn't use profiles. You set an effect in the active window. When you are in the boot state, it will revert to one of the first three settings (static/breathing/color cycle) and that' all it can do without the Asus lighting service. There is a separate tab for when the PC is full powered off.

If you are using the Corsair integration to take over the MB lighting, you will have specific lighting profiles in iCUE. They will only run when iCUE is active. When it is not (boot state, quit), the Aura lighting service that is running in the background will take over again for whatever it's set to do. iCUE effectively overrides it when the program loads.

I am not sure exactly what you're trying to do.

The issue I’m having is that I lose my RGB settings I set up in Aura Sync. I believe this happens after I shut down my PC. I have to set up individual RGB settings again which is annoying.

Icue controls all of my lighting with the exception of my RAM. If the RAM RGB settings remained after a shutdown, everything would be sweet.

The issue I’m having is that I lose my RGB settings I set up in Aura Sync. I believe this happens after I shut down my PC. I have to set up individual RGB settings again which is annoying.

OK, so we are talking about Aura use only. Check to make sure the MB battery is in place. Several of the Asus boards don't use a lot to keep them latched down. It is necessary for it to keep the lighting settings or you will lose them every shutdown. This also can be an issue if you sever the power cord from the wall, like by flipping off a surge protector or something similar.

I'll take a look, the mother board is only 3 years old so the battery should still be good. I leave my PC on sleep, never shut it off, but there's those few times it gets a shut down.

I assume that Aura Sync should NOT be losing settings on shut down?

So you are "loosing the settings" after wake from sleep? Or just on cold boot? If on wake from sleep as well, that would rule out battery or power connection issues.

Can you be more specific about what lighting pattern you have in Aura? The first three settings (static, breathing, color cycle) are actually handled by the MB and not the lighting service on your board. If you select one of those, it should work all the time. However, if you select anything else (for example Starry Night), the MB should go dark until the OS loads the Asus Lighting Service and then it kicks in.

When your lighting resets, does it go back to color cycle? Or something else.

Since you want Aura to control the MB, make sure the "enable plugins" is unchecked in the iCUE settings. Otherwise, iCUE will take over when it loads.

OK, so the problem is a little tricky to work with as I rarely shut down my PC and occasionally (once every two weeks) start up Aura Sync to re-ignite my amazement with the RGB so anything in those two weeks could be causing the problem.

I only ever use sleep, I barely turn off my PC unless I need to open the case or troubleshoot something but that's very rare. This problem I'm facing tends to happen once every so often but I have tied it down to shutting down the PC and leaving it like that overnight.

The problem does not occur when the PC wakes up sleep.

I just did a test now, I woke up my PC, the custom pattern is still there.

I also shut down my PC and the custom pattern is still there when I fired up Aura :confused:

My custom pattern on my 2 8GB G skill sticks is simple, the first and last LEDS are purple, the middle 3 are light blue. That's all it is.

When the setting is reset, it defaults to color cycle.

As I type this, I just remembered I did a BIOS update on my Z370 Maximus Hero a few weeks back and with the first Aura Sync start up in about two weeks, that would explain that one me thinks.

Because iCue doesn't allow me to control my RAM RGB, I turn all RGB off via Aura (by setting colours to black) with the exception of the RAM. I let iCue control the RGB for everything else. I only fire up Aura to put it "ON" to get the RGB on the RAM working, shut down the app then open up iCue.

I think I need play around with this a little more.... I might try shut down the PC again and see how it goes, might also do this over night and see if it comes back and try remember what I'm doing the next 5 days and see if I can trigger the issue.

Edited by Aliti_308

Replaced my MB battery. I remember when moving houses I had my PC disconnected for about 5 to 6 weeks. Although I don't have BIOS issues resetting etc... I decided to just hurl the original one and replace it with a new one.

Shut down the PC and left it like that for a few hours. Aura starts up with my custom RGB. So far it's good, will give it a few more cracks over the next few days, see how it goes.

Thanks for your input, appreciate it.

OK, battery is my best guess at this point. The rainbow (color cycle) is the default option after the MB loses power for a period of time. It is normal for it to revert to that after a BIOS flash and the intermittent frequency is more in line with the battery theory than a software issue.

One thing you can try is set it to a static color (something odd and noticeable), then set whatever normal Aura pattern you use. If the lighting service fails in some way, it should revert to the static color. If the board is losing power and does a full reset, it will go back to rainbow color cycle anyway. Although, now the battery is changed, you might as well continue on normally and see how things go.

• 4 weeks later...

For me it resets only if i completely power down the computer as in, switch off the AC mains.

Maybe you could check in your bios settings if you have those extra savings options activated. I believe some of them power down the motherboard completely, but i'm not sure that should affect RGB control..

If you have frequent power losses on your mains that would be one cause too

Nevermind, i just realized i am myself using these options to turn off motherboard lighting at night and it never loses my settings...

I was refering to advanced power saving options, like ERP ready, that reduces idle and off state power usage, not C-states.

I am not sure I get this either. So did it work for a while after getting the new battery and now it's now working again? Is it possible the battery is draining for some reason? The battery shouldn't even be active unless you cut the power to the PC each night through some kind of switch on a strip, UPS, etc.

It has never really worked, even after the battery swap, maybe it is software related. Asus programs tend to dig very deep into the system. Try uninstalling Aura by finding the Asus Set-up installer, right click run as Admin, follow the prompts, reboot (it should be rainbow now), and then re-install.

Is it just the RAM that goes rainbow? Or the MB RGB sections too?

Nevermind, i just realized i am myself using these options to turn off motherboard lighting at night and it never loses my settings...

I was refering to advanced power saving options, like ERP ready, that reduces idle and off state power usage, not C-states.

Fair enough!

I assume you’re using custom settings and not a pre-defined profile?

I am not sure I get this either. So did it work for a while after getting the new battery and now it's now working again? Is it possible the battery is draining for some reason? The battery shouldn't even be active unless you cut the power to the PC each night through some kind of switch on a strip, UPS, etc.

It has never really worked, even after the battery swap, maybe it is software related. Asus programs tend to dig very deep into the system. Try uninstalling Aura by finding the Asus Set-up installer, right click run as Admin, follow the prompts, reboot (it should be rainbow now), and then re-install.

Is it just the RAM that goes rainbow? Or the MB RGB sections too?

With the battery change over it worked fine. I would occasionally start up Aura and the custom RAM RGB would show. But this is what I went through before the battery change as well. Over a period of time it would revert it all.

Fired up Aura the other day and everything reverted back to rainbow, the RAM the strips and motherboard.

My PC stays on sleep, never turns off. I would assume the battery would not drain with the PC in sleep mode.

Perhaps one of the ASUS tasks in “scheduled tasks” that I disabled is causing the problem.

I have no idea.

My PC stays on sleep, never turns off. I would assume the battery would not drain with the PC in sleep mode.

No, I don't think it should be using battery at all in soft sleep state. It should be still drawing from the wall. That also raises another question. Waking from sleep has become a problem for a lot of RGB programs. I don't know if it's because MS changed the way sleep is handled or if it is something related to how the programs contact the devices on wake. It's possible this is an Aura problem with sleep. I almost never put my PC into sleep mode anymore. I'll see if I can recreate.\

**On wake, my Aura controlled LEDs do revert to rainbow. This is likely because in my current configuration, Windows returns me to the sign in screen on wake. On that lock screen, the apps and services won't run. Same reason Corsair devices will go to HW lighting in that position. Once I sign in, they do come back but it took about 10 seconds for the service to start.

Check for "Lighting Service (32 bit)" in the task manager after the next wake. That is the Aura lighting service. You can also check it's status in the Services list.

Edited by c-attack

I left Aura on the "Wave" profile for a week as opposed to the defaulting "Rainbow", seemed OK so far until this morning I decided to run iCue first and then run Aura at the same time.

Aura defaulted back to "Rainbow". Not sure if this was going to happen regardless of running both apps at the same time or not.

I put Aura back to Wave, closed it, reopened iCue first then Aura but wave was still set.

I decided to restart the PC. Fired up iCue first then Aura, Rainbow was selected again.

Put Aura back to Wave, restarted the PC, checked Aura first, Wave was selected, closed Aura, fired up iCue then Aura, Wave was still selected.

Reproducible but not consistent.

I know both apps should not run together, I have exercised this procedure as per recommendation of the advice on these forums so I doubt I'm doing this unless I'm not entirely aware.