Corsair Community

Corsair Virtuoso PC,PS5,XSX

spamster02

Hi, Ive been reading and watching reviews about this headset, it does look impressive and I'm ready to purchase but have one question hopefully someone can answer.

Both the PS5 and Xbox have removed optical out from their systems and are now supporting USB audio as an alternative connection does anybody know if the Virtuoso will be usable wireless across these new systems....Fingers crossed

Ideally I could have one headset that supports my PC and both of the new consoles wirelessly.

:confused:

• 1 month later...

I'm curious about this as well.

Can use the Corsair Virtuoso Slipstream Wireless USB stick on the Series X and PS5?

If so, will the Corsair Virtuoso support the Pulse 3D audio of the PS5? I'd rather not have to get the PS5 headset just for that feature

• Corsair Employee
Virtuoso will support Playstation 5, but not Xbox Series X or S. We just launched our HS75 XB Wireless which is fully compatible with the new Xbox consoles, as well as previous models, and includes Dolby Atmos Surround capabilities. You can use this headset on a PC if you purchase a separate Microsoft Wireless adapter: MS PN# B0785SFKYF

Virtuoso will support Playstation 5, but not Xbox Series X or S. We just launched our HS75 XB Wireless which is fully compatible with the new Xbox consoles, as well as previous models, and includes Dolby Atmos Surround capabilities. You can use this headset on a PC if you purchase a separate Microsoft Wireless adapter: MS PN# B0785SFKYF

So could you please confirm the virtuoso carbon I just got will work on ps5 and be ok for the 3d audio?

I sent an email to customer service a few days ago and I was told yesterday that

"The virtuoso carbon can have issues with the ps5 where the audio cuts off, hence why it is not recommended. If you're looking for compatibility with the PS5, I recommend the HS70 https://www.corsair.com/us/en//Categories/Products/Gaming-Headsets/Stereo-Headsets/HS70-BLUETOOTH-Multi-Platform-Gaming-Headset/p/CA-9011227-NA."

Which kind of confuses me now. Thank you

Thank you. Could you clarify if the Virtuoso supports the 3D audio of the PS5?

Hi, Ive been reading and watching reviews about this headset, it does look impressive and I'm ready to purchase but have one question hopefully someone can answer.

Both the PS5 and Xbox have removed optical out from their systems and are now supporting USB audio as an alternative connection does anybody know if the Virtuoso will be usable wireless across these new systems....Fingers crossed

Ideally I could have one headset that supports my PC and both of the new consoles wirelessly.

:confused:

The headset sucks DONT BUY. My Logitech G933 gave out, (really I broke them), so i went to best buy saw these and was immediately in love with the esthetics. I bought the headset and hooked it up, looks good feels good. I play a game called HUNT SHOWDOWN which is heavy on ambient sound clarity. As soon as i get into PvP I can tell these are worthless I can barley hear footsteps or aggro in some areas where I know I should be able to hear. I start messing with the settings adjusting from the ICUE app but none of the presets are good, so I go custom work on it for about 3 hours and realize they headphones themselves are the problem. Everything looks fantastic if i could get Logitech sound quality inside these it would be a dream come true. My Logitech G933 were insanely better in comparison (sound wise). I could hear you breathing out your *** no problem, but with Corsairs it sounds so off in some areas and just HOLLOW. If you want to get a good headset buy Logitech, I'm about to return these tomorrow and pick up some Logitech G Pro X. Same price just 5X better.

• 4 months later...

I just bought these and out of the box they sound extremely hollow, outright unacceptable for an almost 200 euro headset. I put on some Thumper and it was a worse experience than my 20 euro set of JVC earphones bought from the airport.

I am 100% sure I am missing something... but what is it? I just spend the last 2 hours trying to adjust the EQ on iCue but I can't get it to transfer over to the PS5?

Can somebody help? If the EQ is available on PC only, these aren't worth the money...

• Corsair Employee
I just bought these and out of the box they sound extremely hollow, outright unacceptable for an almost 200 euro headset. I put on some Thumper and it was a worse experience than my 20 euro set of JVC earphones bought from the airport.

I am 100% sure I am missing something... but what is it? I just spend the last 2 hours trying to adjust the EQ on iCue but I can't get it to transfer over to the PS5?

Can somebody help? If the EQ is available on PC only, these aren't worth the money...

iCUE provides the custom EQ and does not save to any onboard memory on the headset itself, so you will not be able to use your custom EQ on console. Please open a ticket at https://help.corsair.com, our support will happily look into the audio and see if a replacement is necessary.