Corsair Community

Firmware update failed

Had a message box come up stating that a firmware update was available for my K70 RGB Silent. The update failed and the message told me to download the firmware and force the server.

I have no idea how to do this.

I looked under Control Panel/Device Manager/Keyboards, but there are five copies of 'HID Keyboard Device, none of which having an option to update firmware.

I also opened the Corsair Utility Engine and the only 'Update' option available there is for Software (currently 1.16.42).

Consequently, two questions:

1) How do I update my firmware by 'forcing the server' as suggested?

2) Should there be a specific driver for the Corsair keyboard, or does it use the generic 'HID Keyboard Device' driver?

With thanks in advance.

The 'Settings/Device' tab is greyed out and not available.

Not sure where to get the firmware but you might be able to from Corsair support by submitting a ticket. Also not sure if the K70 RGB silent uses the same firmware as the regular K70 RGB. If it does you can get firmware 1.30 from the faq thread here and then follow these steps:

1. Unplug the keyboard.
  2. Push the pin hole button on the back of the keyboard next to the latency switch and hold.
  3. Then plug in keyboard and let go of button.
  4. Computer should detect keyboard as removable drive.
  5. Open it up and delete current firmware, then drag and drop new firmware in.
  6. Unplug and replug keyboard.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
Had a message box come up stating that a firmware update was available for my K70 RGB Silent. The update failed and the message told me to download the firmware and force the server.

I have no idea how to do this.

I looked under Control Panel/Device Manager/Keyboards, but there are five copies of 'HID Keyboard Device, none of which having an option to update firmware.

I also opened the Corsair Utility Engine and the only 'Update' option available there is for Software (currently 1.16.42).

Consequently, two questions:

1) How do I update my firmware by 'forcing the server' as suggested?

2) Should there be a specific driver for the Corsair keyboard, or does it use the generic 'HID Keyboard Device' driver?

With thanks in advance.

I know this is an old thread, but I just got an M65 RGB and I was having the same problem about the firmware update. All I had to do was change the polling rate to the lowest and that did the trick, clicked update and updated with no problem. See if you have any settings you can change on you keyboard.

https://imgur.com/VTxanAd