Corsair Community

LS100 not working on full screen mode.

Hi,

My LS100 is not working in full screen when watching videos on Amazon Prime video or Netflix.

It works on youtube and regular video from VLC, but not from those 2 stream websites.

It alse get frozen randomly, it stucks on desktop colour.

Anyone suffers from this too? Please, I will appreciate help.

Edited by Shirak

• Corsair Employee

Certain protected content may not work with video lighting (this is also the case for similar video lighting functions from other products on the market). I've asked our product team to look into this in particular.

In regards to random freezes in video lighting, is this after you've tried watching something on netflix?

Thank you very much for the reply.

No, the freeze happens randomly.

For the Netflix and Amazon video, it was working a couple of weeks ago, so I was making some test, and I noticed that it's the nvidia drivers.

With the 2 lastest version, it does not work in full screen.

If I install this 2 drivers, full screen stop working on netflix and amazon video:

GeForce Game Ready Driver WHQL 456.55 28.9.2020

GeForce Game Ready Driver WHQL 456.38 17.9.2020

But if I install the previous:

GeForce Game Ready Driver WHQL 452.06 17.8.2020

It works.

So, as far as I checked, it's something related with the video drivers, I hope you can replicate it.

I did clean install for all the tests, removing the old drivers with revo uninstaller and always rebooting the pc.

Got a 1080 screen from msi ag32c, and my graphic card its a 2060. LS100 is connected directly to the motherboard, no hubs.

So I think its not due to protected content, because as I thought it used to work, but suddenly it stopped. And then is when I noticed that I updated the drivers for the graphic card.

Hope this helps.

(the problem with the black bars up and down in films, is still present)

• Corsair Employee
Thank you very much for the reply.

No, the freeze happens randomly.

For the Netflix and Amazon video, it was working a couple of weeks ago, so I was making some test, and I noticed that it's the nvidia drivers.

With the 2 lastest version, it does not work in full screen.

If I install this 2 drivers, full screen stop working on netflix and amazon video:

GeForce Game Ready Driver WHQL 456.55 28.9.2020

GeForce Game Ready Driver WHQL 456.38 17.9.2020

But if I install the previous:

GeForce Game Ready Driver WHQL 452.06 17.8.2020

It works.

So, as far as I checked, it's something related with the video drivers, I hope you can replicate it.

I did clean install for all the tests, removing the old drivers with revo uninstaller and always rebooting the pc.

Got a 1080 screen from msi ag32c, and my graphic card its a 2060. LS100 is connected directly to the motherboard, no hubs.

So I think its not due to protected content, because as I thought it used to work, but suddenly it stopped. And then is when I noticed that I updated the drivers for the graphic card.

Hope this helps.

(the problem with the black bars up and down in films, is still present)

Interesting, I didn't consider checking the graphics driver. I'll try to replicate this on my system.

Regarding the black bars, we're working on implementing customizable screen mapping in a future update to iCUE.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes would love an update on this, my ls100 also does not play content from netflix of amazon prime and it would be nice if it did as this was one of the main uses I got out of this product.

Interestingly the issue is also presesnt in the netflix app, where fullscreen seems to turn off ambient.

• 3 months later...

I'm also struggling with this issue and found out an interesting thing.

Yesterday I updated the NVidia drivers through GeForce Experience to version 466.11. Magically the ambient light feature on Netflix, Disney Plus and Amazon Prime started working flawlessly. However, when I rebooted the system it stopped working. I repeated the experiment by reinstalling the same driver today and it worked again, until I rebooted of course.

This is definitively not a fix but could maybe help figuring out the problem.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Still same problem.
I guess the DRM from source to display disallows the ICU driver to grab the video stream and so the source data for the color management.
From my thinking it should be no problem to allow a common "anonymized" content output to special "devices" like lighting rendering with eg. pixeled ranges of 10x10 to 40x40 pixels which disallows grabbing video content for copying but usage for other tasks.
But I guess it must be a global decision with on the NVIDIA, AMD, Intel on the one side and Corsair and maybe other companies on the other side.

"Thanks" to the 5 minute edit block:

Still same problem.
I guess the DRM from source to display disallows the ICU driver to grab the video stream and so the source data for the color management.
Easiest solution should be that Corsair can get the DRM usage licence like the graphics card and monitor manufacturer to have the possibility to decode the DRM stream.
The second and "lighter" DRM but more complicated solution would be from my thinking to allow a common "anonymized" content output to special "devices" like lighting rendering with eg. pixeled ranges of 10x10 to 40x40 pixels which disallows grabbing video content for copying but usage for other tasks.
But I guess it must be a global decision with on the NVIDIA, AMD, Intel on the one side and Corsair and maybe other companies on the other side.

• 3 months later...

It seems that disabling hardware acceleration removes Netflix' and co ability to detect your software recording the screen. It worked for me too.

Here's the reddit thread where i found the info:

* For viewing in browser that is

Edited by Anon123456789

• 11 months later...

I've been using Hardware Acceleration OFF for almost three years now to be able to use LS100 in my display.

The problem is, by turning OFF Hardware Acceleration, you can't use HDR.

And today NVIDIA launches RTX video HDR.

https://www.theverge.com/2024/1/24/24048892/nvidia-rtx-video-hdr-feature-ai

And that thing actually works. I could see the difference clearly.

But I have to give up the LS100.

For how long Corsair?

Why can't you fix this somehow?

This thread has 3 years now.