Corsair Community

Help with Corsair Link software

pivo504

I am running the older CorsairLink-Installer-RC-v2.4.5110 on my windows 10 pc & wondering if this is fully functional version still? I noticed that when I create a fan curve it does not follow my curve at all but the fans just sit at one speed at all times no matter the temps of the CPU. Also when I choose the quiet or balanced settings it just speeds the fans up to full speed... The reason I still use the older version is bc its the only one that allows for (heartbeat)pulse lighting on the rgb. The newer corsair which is 4.0 does not have this feature. Since the older program seems to not be able to follow a fan curve is there a workaround?

• 8 months later...

Don’t use the presets on the Commander Pro at all. It’s a control curve designed for liquid cooling but it follows cpu temp. The result is constant high fan speeds on any modern cpu.

Create your own curve, but make sure you change the control variable (sensor value). GPU temp or MB temp are more logical options. The best possible choice is to use a temp probe from the Commander Pro to measure something like rear exhaust temp. That is the ideal control variable for case fans and it is also the native sensor for the device. It will work at all times, Link running or not.

Link was replaced over 3 years ago and it’s successor has now been replaced as well. There are not many people following this section. Not sure which device you are referring to, but heartbeat is present on CUE 3 and CUE 4 for capable devices (LL/QL).