Corsair Community

Aura adressable AIO pump

faby

Hello,

does the Aura addressable device work with Icue?

I have an aio pump thermaltake plug into addressable aura.

i can change motherboard RGB color but not the TT pump rgb color with icue

Excuse me for my English, it's not so good.

• 2 weeks later...
No, the addressable RGB headers are not controllable via iCUE.

Will it in the future? I will not run the plugin as it freezes the RGB lighting on my other branded AIO and Asus RTX 2070 Graphics card. iCue software is half useless until then (if ever). I give it a 2 star out of 5.

Hi everyone,

I am noticing a number of posts asking about ARGB support on ASUS motherboards. The current implementation is strictly to support the lighting on a compatible ASUS motherboard only, and by extension, the RGB header since it is treated as a single zone. The design and intent was always to include the motherboard into our ecosystem with other Corsair products so we can address the demand of everything in the system lighting simultaneously in the same color. I am happy to see the overall positive feedback from this feature, and we are continuing our work to see how we can extend this feature to other products.

However, there will be certain limitations to what we will do. First, we have no plans to support ARGB headers. While many third party products are compatible with ARGB, we first and foremost are in the interest of only allowing iCUE to control Corsair products. ARGB also brings another layer of complexity to iCUE as we would have to take into consideration how to display the sheer number of LED configurations possible into our UI, and this is something we have no plans to accomodate at this time.

Second, I see some of you are asking about support for non-Corsair DRAM. This is also something we have no plans to do. We are always open to new partnerships though and if these businesses would like to approach us about implementing their products into iCUE, we would definitely explore possibilities. But unless they do so of their own initiative, we don't plan on having an open ecosystem. As this is a partnership with ASUS, users who want to maintain their lighting with Aura Sync compatible products should continue to use Aura Sync or Armoury Crate. iCUE is not meant to be a replacement software for them and we want to respect their ecosystem just like they respect ours.

I hope this addresses some of the concerns and questions I am seeing in this forum.

Thanks,

James

As you can see it has been stated that ARGB will not be supported. It would be very nice to have but it will not be coming any time soon if ever.

As you can see it has been stated that ARGB will not be supported. It would be very nice to have but it will not be coming any time soon if ever.

If so, then they need to stop their motherboard RGB integration project and only control their own products because the iCue software freezes all lighting on all Addressable RGB hardware. As I said in an earlier post: In order to get things working properly, I have to turn off "Enable Plugins" within the settings menu of the iCue software. Yes that defeats the purpose of having the iCue software control Asus Aura Sync but at least my Addressable RGB hardware is working properly again.

Edited by jesseinsf

• 1 month later...

Just in case you didn't figure it out yet.

iCue doesn't support ARGB yet but there IS a workaround if you want to put some energy in it. The iCue API is in fact usable and you can program your own small device to "mimic" an ARGB Hub for example and just attach it there.

Further the Corsair ARGB connectors are not at all proprietary. The contacts are the same. You can wire the connector with jumper cables to a hub of your choice. You can find all information needed with a quick google search and try it yourself. The only downside is, that iCue wont recognise the pump as such and you have to just tell it theres an ARGB strip with x LED attached at the port.

In did this for my build as I love iCue. Also iCue lets you run scripts if you start a game or change the scene. A script can for example activate a scene in another RGB software for syncing them with one click.

Hope this helps!