Corsair Community

Corsair Force GS 240GB 5.20 disappearing

biatche

I've got a Corsair Force GS 240GB with 5.20 factory firmware here.

On my gigabyte Z87-WIFI (F4 bios) it disappears from bios each time the computer is restarted (ONLY WHEN using intel ahci drivers it seems - tested on 12.8.2.1000 and 12.8.4.1000)

To get the above stated results, I tested by booting off partedmagic, WinPE (with msahci) and the device is still in the bios.

I've also tried installing windows 7 x64 on a regular hard disk, a corsair neutron gtx on the same pc. All works fine.

I also tested the Corsair force gs 240gb on a Gigabyte H55N-USB3 which also works fine.

So something isn't quite right with FORCE GS on this board, OR the current firmware...

Can you please confirm my findings on this 5.20 firmware to see if it has any issues?

PSU: Superflower golden green 600w

Is 5.20 NOT the latest version? Are you asking me to downgrade from 5.20 to 5.05a?

Btw, there is a thread that says revision history for all models, i dont see anything about 5.20 there.

Toolbox says there are no newer versions.

Can you provide some info on 5.20?

Hello,

i have the same problem. ( Corsair Force 3 240 GS ) THe SSD Disk not boot, and the motherboard not recognize it

But when i try to update the firmaware, i cant do it,´beacuse the signature of the SSD Disk is it not the same a archive "corsair force 3 gs 240gb"

http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/628/8xlr.png

it is ok the signature of my disk?

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
i have same problem with a Force GS 240GB firmware 5.05a & an Asus z87 Deluxe when it is on AHCI as soon as i install latest Intel RST (12.​8.​0.​1016 ) the OS stop booting test both win7sp1 & win8.1 x64 and also check by booting from an HDD same result SSD not detect properly detect as 480GB and not work. so as i never have such issue with Intel RST on many many config i believe it is something with GS drive and z87 chip (becuse i have same ssd in same congif on an asus z77-vlk) and not installing RST is not a solution for me. please solve my problem

i solve the problem .. to my surprise drive previously setup as raid ( not by me ) i was notice that the drive came with no screw inside package !! but think it maybe just bye packing mistake, i remove raid from the SSD and everything work as it must be .. i think someone wants to test raid performance of 2 drive and after testing repack the drive but don't remove raid from it :)) so there is no problem with this GS drive and z87 for me .

Hello,

I've got exactly same behavior as biatche mentioned in his initial post.

I have Corsair Force GS 180GB with 5.20 factory firmware and Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 motherboard (F6 BIOS).

BTW, uninstalling Intel RST solved my problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Corsair for the speedy non existent customer service. Firmware 5.20 is junk. I was told that i have to wait for the new firmware that corsair says is testing. I have 2 Corsair GS 240GB drives that now sit dead in my case until they release this new firmware. I was also told that i could not go back to 5.05A with my drives.

Please get your stuff together before you release it....

For my understanding, please tell me what's the difference in hardware specifications between these erroneous 5.20 drives and the previous 5.07 ones such that their firmwares updates are different. (5.20 can be upgraded to 5.24 but not the 5.0x ones)

Please provide information Corsair.

• Administrators
For my understanding, please tell me what's the difference in hardware specifications between these erroneous 5.20 drives and the previous 5.07 ones such that their firmwares updates are different. (5.20 can be upgraded to 5.24 but not the 5.0x ones)

Please provide information Corsair.

Are you saying that you have a Force GX with 5.0x firmware with a signature that matches one of the released firmware files and you've had an issue?

Or are you just asking why the update has only been released for only some drives? If you're asking the latter, we'll be releasing more 5.24 updates as they are validated.

Are you saying that you have a Force GX with 5.0x firmware with a signature that matches one of the released firmware files and you've had an issue?

Or are you just asking why the update has only been released for only some drives? If you're asking the latter, we'll be releasing more 5.24 updates as they are validated.

I'm curious to know what the differences in hardware are for the newer Force GS (that come with 5.20 firmware) as opposed to the older ones (that come with 5.05a / 5.07)

IF they had the same internal hardware, doesn't it make sense for it to be possible to flash to the older 5.07?

I'm only asking for information, I'm not suggesting 5.24 is broken or anything.

Archived