Corsair Community

Corsair Harpoon RGB Wireless Double-Click Problem (Solved)

Hello,

I solved the problem. However, I sent a ticket to the corsair team for permanent resolving.

There is an error in the latest version of Corsair Harpoon RGB Wireless mouse. When the mouse software is installed, it detects 2 mouse in the system.

You make a click, the system responds for 2 mouse. This is how the name appears on the ICUE software.

Harpoon RGB Wireless (1)

However, the problem is corrected when the old driver is installed. This requires a new and urgent update.

Thanks.

ah, just saw this update of yours. glad you got it resolved.

any way to make sure I've cleared out any "phantom" doubles?

To have the older driver version please follow the steps below.

1. Open your computer's Control Panel.

2. Open the Programs and Features options.

3. Select Corsair Utility Engine in the list, and then select Uninstall.

4. Open your Start menu and type "Run". Then open the Run option.

5. Type Regedit and then click OK.

6. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Corsair\Corsair Utility Engine

7. Right-click and delete the folder.

8. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Corsair\Corsair Utility Engine

9. Right-click and delete the folder.

10. Restart your computer.

11. Download the lower installer file for iCUE from

http://downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUESetup_3.18.77_release.msi and reinstall.

12. Once finished installing, reboot your computer.

Then just start the update for the mouse. Then the mouse may fail. USB Wireless Receiver Pairing, do this. Again delete the old ICUE software completely according to the instructions above. Install the new ICUE software and do not update the mouse.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm not really happy with this double-clicking thing but I can't get mad at it as it's bound to happen, there's always a mistake that could happen when an update goes out, especially for older mice. I really do hope this gets fixed soon though, I want to continue sweating the living heck out of this mouse! Corsairs products have been the most high-quality products I have purchased in my gaming career, keep the great work up guys!:biggrin::biggrin:

• 3 weeks later...
I received an old firmware image from support, and after downgrading the mouse firmware, all seems better now. Went as far as to remove iCUE from my system and will see how that goes.

You still got the f/w file at all? Would love to give it a try on mine.

When I logged it with support, the file they sent me was reported as "not a valid firmware file" - in the end they told me to return the mouse. I did get a new one but it has the same issue.

I received an old firmware image from support, and after downgrading the mouse firmware, all seems better now. Went as far as to remove iCUE from my system and will see how that goes.

Could you provide me with the link to the software?

I'm not really happy with this double-clicking thing but I can't get mad at it as it's bound to happen, there's always a mistake that could happen when an update goes out, especially for older mice. I really do hope this gets fixed soon though, I want to continue sweating the living heck out of this mouse! Corsairs products have been the most high-quality products I have purchased in my gaming career, keep the great work up guys!:biggrin::biggrin:

But PLEASE FIX THIS, NOTHING WORKS! Omfg

• 3 weeks later...

I searched for a solution to this problem after updating to the latest firmware options. The current firmware is wonky and it effects the programs I use. There was no issue before the update, and I did adjust the double click speed in Windows.

Your firmware needs a fix. I've uninstalled and reverted to an older version, and created an account to remind you.

I thought I was just unlucky of having so many problems with Corsair Harpoon. It's unbelievable that I have to -reconfigure entries on the windows registry and rollback to an older version to make my mouse work properly. I'm also having ghosts and random double-click.

Apart from that, I got 2 replacements RMA to attempt solving wireless dongle issues and the second mouse I received is wobbling (doesn't have flat 4 corners back surface). Very frustrated.

• Corsair Employee
Just to confirm with both of you. You reverted to the older firmware and it resolved the double click issue? Which programs are being affected? Can you provide the version of FW you're both using for the dongle and mouse under settings in iCUE? Also, which version of iCUE are you using?

@Corsair Nick, I did the version rollback as suggested by 2FAN (uninstalling and installing older iCue) and I'm still testing but it seems the ghost double-click is gone.

However, I'm still sometimes experiencing the cursor being sticky for a fraction of second, regardless if it using usb cable or wireless. Imagine that I'm moving the mouse cursor just fine and then the cursor seems to freeze and not get the movement anymore for a second. That's very annoying and not high-performance. How can I solve this?

@Corsair Nick, the Firmware versions I was having huge problems with was:

Dongle - 1.7.58

Mouse - 1.9.85

I reverted to these older versions at the end of Feb and have had little or no problems since:

Dongle - 0.5.49

Mouse - 0.5.64

To confirm, this was not limited to any specific application but generally would action multiple clicks on one mouse button press regardless of what or where you were clicking - desktop icons, Excel, games etc. etc.

For the record, the trick of reverting to an older iCue did not work for me, only the rollback of firmware.

There have been updates to iCue since but I have not dared to try the latest firmware's (if there are any!) purely to save myself the hassle as the old ones appear to be working.

To have the older driver version please follow the steps below.

1. Open your computer's Control Panel.

2. Open the Programs and Features options.

3. Select Corsair Utility Engine in the list, and then select Uninstall.

4. Open your Start menu and type "Run". Then open the Run option.

5. Type Regedit and then click OK.

6. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Corsair\Corsair Utility Engine

7. Right-click and delete the folder.

8. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Corsair\Corsair Utility Engine

9. Right-click and delete the folder.

10. Restart your computer.

11. Download the lower installer file for iCUE from

http://downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUESetup_3.18.77_release.msi and reinstall.

12. Once finished installing, reboot your computer.

Then just start the update for the mouse. Then the mouse may fail. USB Wireless Receiver Pairing, do this. Again delete the old ICUE software completely according to the instructions above. Install the new ICUE software and do not update the mouse.

Actually the iCUESetup_3.18.77 doesn't work on my pc and after the installation of this software and the reinstallation of 3.27.68 release (the actually latest version) the mouse works correctly, but after 2-3 days the issues come back. Another Solution?

update: just did all steps - problem even exists when there only is windows std drivers and no corsair software installed . i blew some air between the buttons and now its kinda better - seems to be a mechanical problem...

Does the issue go away when you lower your polling rate for Harpoon Wireless? Also, do you have any other Corsair or non-Corsair Wireless devices connected?

Answering your questions as another user with the identical issue:

I didn't try lowering the polling rate because I already had the issue solved before reading this by installing the old versions listed below.

I have no additional Corsair wireless stuff - but the Microsoft Sculpt Wireless Keyboard and a Bluetooth Dongle for Bluetooth Audio. The Harpoon is connected via 2.4Ghz, not Bluetooth.

How I solved the issue:

So I had exactly the same "occasional double click" issue. It happened way too often to just be easily ignored. Which applications I was using did not matter at all, seems to be a general problem.

Problematic iCUE:

3.27.68 and the firmware included - don't know anymore what versions they were.

Good ol' working iCUE:

Dongle: 0.5.49

Firmware: 0.6.70

So to be clear: I completely uninstalled the problematic iCUE version first and then installed the working iCUE 3.18.77

Then I just downgraded the Dongle and Firmware version by using the standard "Firmware update" feature. Then I did the "USB Wireless Receiver Pairing" again to make it work wirelessly.

And now everything is working great again :) No unwanted double clicks!

Edited by Finerdly

changing polling does nothing and yes i also have a toggle with K57 rgb wirless keyboard. its not a problem of wirless - i ve the same issues if both devices are connected with usb and toggles unplugged.

like all others said - all worked fine before the update - my devices are 4 months old - not the quality i expected from corsair..

i was not able to install the old software version - can you please provide a soltuion as its clearly not a user fault?

like i said blowing air between the buttons helped a little bit - dont want to go to my local dealer and start a discussion if the mouse is working or not...

I experience the same issue here: double click action on one left mouse click

The wrong double click happens about 1 time every 10 mouse clicks

I have Mouse firmware 1.9.85, latest iCue

This happens in Wireless, USB cable and bluetooth connectivity, so it looks like a mouse issue, which is the common point of all 3 connection types

@Corsair: What's next action? I did not yet open a support ticket for this

I had this and k63 in my cart when I found this issue... Not sure what to do now.

Would installing the previous version of the software right from installing the mouse resolve the issue ? Really want the k63 keyboard and want my mouse to match...

Edited by HOODedAssault

Following my yesterday post, and seeing so many people impacted, I understood the issue was the mouse software 1.9.85, and not hardware (I was about to trash this mouse!)

Surprisingly, I made this mouse update a while back, the issue did not start immediately but after a few weeks of use with no issue (that's why I suspected a HW problem)

But after doing the action explained below, the double click issue seems to have gone! At least for now…

Looks like some kind of memory leak or buffer overflow triggering the issue after some time of use… Time will tell

So what I did is simply a forced reload of the 1.9.85 mouse software:

- unplug the dongle

- plug the mouse with USB cable

- iCUE latest 3.28.70

- Settings tab, then perform a force load of the 1.9.85 mouse software.

By doing this, mouse gets completly rebooted and restarted, all internal memory seems to be cleaned up

For me after a day of use, no other double click reappeared, but as said, it may come back after some time

It would be interesting to share here your own feedback, if you give it a try

@Corsair: in the meantime, could you please forward this info to devs, I hope this may help troubleshooting