Corsair Community

LS100 Spiral Rainbow not working in iCue

GrizzlyAddams

I just outfitted my monitor with an LS100 starter kit.

When I plug in the power, everything works as expected and the built-in hardware lighting is a really nice spiral rainbow effect. The same kind of spiral rainbow I get on my K70 keyboard, etc.

But once the iCue software launches, there is no way to replicate this spiral rainbow. "Rainbow Wave" appears to work correctly, with a wave of color moving from one side to the other. "Rainbow" also works correctly shifting from one color to another.

But "Spiral Rainbow" does not give the same effect as the built-in hardware effect. In fact it is not a spiral at all. It just shifts all the colors to the same color at the same time in a rapid fashion. The timing of the color change is very much like the spiral timing, but all lights on all 4 strips are the same color at any given time.

Visor, Rain, and all other lighting modes appear to work just fine for LS100. The Spiral Rainbow works for all other peripherals. It does not work for LS100 whether I am using Link Lighting or individual lighting. All firmwares are up to date.

If I shut down the iCue software, the LS100 smart controller will again revert to the default, proper Spiral Rainbow effect, which IMHO is one of the best effects with this kit and I desperately want it to work with the iCue software. It's the reason I paid $100 for this kit.

Any help or feedback would be appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...
I had the same exact issue. Not sure if the most recent update (v3.34.161) fixed the issue or not. I actually had to reinstall iCUE due to a different issue, but now the Spiral Rainbow is working properly. Try updating to the newest version, and if that doesn't work, try reinstalling iCUE. Edited by chris_baker2007