Corsair Community

Corsair virtuoso RGB White noise/ Static noise when sounds

Hey there.

I bought the Corsair Virtuoso yesterday, as i've been looking for a Wireless headset for quite some time now. I tested the Arctis Pro Wireless, but the amount of static noise was hugh, so i returned that.

Out of the box it felt amazing! I was really digging everything about it, and it's super easy to connect.

The microphone quality is OUTSTANDING. I had to change one settings in windows, but after that, it's basicly broadcast quality!

When im on desktop, the static noise is almost non-existing. That's really sweet!

I have one problem, and i don't seem to find a solution when i search the forum, so maybe one of you guys have the answer.

But, when there is a sound. It doesn't matter which sound, a weird sound will start. Sounds like White noise, but it's hard to explain how it sounds.

When the sounds stop, it's gone.

It happens if i hear music, play games or even just get the click sound when pressing on the volume bottom on the desktop screen. So basically everytime a sound is present.

I tried:

• All my USB ports. Same issue on all. I have a MSI mpg z390 gaming pro carbon

• With the usb-c to usb connected to all USB ports. Same problem.

• Closing iCue - same problem.

• Restarting quite a lot - same problem.

• Different EQ settings in iCue - same problem.

So bottomline:

Im not sure what the issue is, but it bothers me. I really do enjoy the headset, eventho i had it under 24 hours. It just feels premium and exclusive!

I hope some of you can help me out, so the problem can get solved!

Thank you in advance

Edited by Litepac

First, make sure to select VIRTUOSO HEADSET for playback in Windows 10.

Tell me if you have the choice to select DOLBY ATMOS when your VIRTUOSO is your playback device.

If you CAN select DOLBY ATMOS, it means that you're using Windows 10 default driver.

If it's the case, try to remove your VIRTUOSO HEADSET from your PC, reinstall ICUE and reconnect your USB VIRTUOSO DONGLE to install CORSAIR drivers properly.

I have the same problem with a brand new Corsair Virtuoso RGB Wireless.

Whenever I start a sound I hear a static noise... comparable with white noise or similar.

I even get a slight clicking when a sounds starts playing and when it stops playing.

My drivers and firmwares are up to date, checked all USB slots etc.

I don't have a special soundcard BUT as far as I know the USB dongle does that anyway, right?

So anyone got a clue how to solve this issue? Send it back and get a new one?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Made an account just so I could say that I'm having this same problem. I found a way to replicate what I'm hearing also.

Listen to the song "Sunflower" by Vampire Weekend (At a lower volume, it works better to replicate what I'm hearing). During the beginning guitar part, you can hear the static come in/go out during the pauses. Just bought the Virtuoso a couple days ago and I love the headset, it's just this issue is driving me crazy and I've never had this problem.

Still looking for a solution, any help would be appreciated.

Edited by SaxophoneGuy24
Clarification for replication method

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I found a Solution to this Problem for me. I know this thread is a little older, but i came across it when searching for a solution and I think it might help some people.

I had the problem of static noise whenever a sound started to play, especially when there were isolated sounds, like someone talking without background noise, the static was noticeably starting and ending when the sound ended.

Simple fix for me:

I always used to have the system sounds (the one that also changes when you turn the wheel on the headset) on max and tend to regulate the sound level in the application im using. E.G. i always had system sounds on max and youtube video level very low in browser. YOU HAVE TO DO IT THE OTHER WAY AROUND. Lower system sounds to about 20% and just turn the in app sound to max. Static noise starting and ending is completely gone for me now.

I hope this helps some people, as no one was able to find a solution til now.

• 2 weeks later...

I borrowed someone else's Corsair Virtuoso RGB SE for around two weeks before buying my own (but I didn't get the SE). On random occasions, the audio would cut off and I would hear loud static.

Reconnecting the headset would be a temporary solve but it still happens afterwards. I tried updating software and resetting. It seems to happen more often when the headset is on wired.

I haven't found a permanent fix. However, I think it is an ICue problem because when I was borrowing the Virtuoso it worked flawlessly while I didn't have ICue installed yet. :[pouts:

• 2 months later...

I know I'm a bit late on this but I had this same issue and it was driving me insane but I believe I found a fix for it :

Step#1 go to "Sound Settings"

Step#2 https://prnt.sc/vhn9ip (Click on Device Properties)

Step#3 https://prnt.sc/vhna08 (If Spatial Sound is off change it to "Windows Sonic for Headphones")

This worked for me & I hope it works for you as well.

• 2 weeks later...
I found a Solution to this Problem for me. I know this thread is a little older, but i came across it when searching for a solution and I think it might help some people.

I had the problem of static noise whenever a sound started to play, especially when there were isolated sounds, like someone talking without background noise, the static was noticeably starting and ending when the sound ended.

Simple fix for me:

I always used to have the system sounds (the one that also changes when you turn the wheel on the headset) on max and tend to regulate the sound level in the application im using. E.G. i always had system sounds on max and youtube video level very low in browser. YOU HAVE TO DO IT THE OTHER WAY AROUND. Lower system sounds to about 20% and just turn the in app sound to max. Static noise starting and ending is completely gone for me now.

I hope this helps some people, as no one was able to find a solution til now.

Perfect, I lowered the output volume from Virtuoso down to 40% and all the white noice disappeared! I'm also running Voicemeeter Banana and both routed through that and directly from the headset seems to be perfect now. So defenitely NOT an iCue issue. I use iCUE to set an EQ with high lows, lower mids and high highs.

• 2 weeks later...
Perfect, I lowered the output volume from Virtuoso down to 40% and all the white noice disappeared! I'm also running Voicemeeter Banana and both routed through that and directly from the headset seems to be perfect now. So defenitely NOT an iCue issue. I use iCUE to set an EQ with high lows, lower mids and high highs.

I am also having this issue. Adjusting the volume mixer can make the static appear to go away HOWEVER, it is still present in any recordings I make when listened to on any device at a higher volume.

Please don't consider this problem solved and please do follow up.

• Corsair Employee
I am also having this issue. Adjusting the volume mixer can make the static appear to go away HOWEVER, it is still present in any recordings I make when listened to on any device at a higher volume.

Please don't consider this problem solved and please do follow up.

Do you have the same white noise over all 3 connection modes (Wireless, USB, 3.5mm Analog)?

Do you have the same white noise over all 3 connection modes (Wireless, USB, 3.5mm Analog)?

Just created this account as a long time corsair user and new Virtuoso user. As someone who records gameplay as a hobby. The sound is soooo fuzzy when I record and have followed all methods. About to return and go back to my astros

• 1 month later...

Just created an account to say I have the exact same issue with the corsair VOID ELITE RGB headset.

Whenever there is a sound playing there is a white noise also. Playing Minecraft is awful when walking as I can hear the white noise constantly.

Is there a fix before I return a second headset?!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I got the Corsair Virtuoso Headphones as a birthday gift in the mail today. Unfortunately I too encounter the white noise/crackling static sounds when using the Wireless mode.

Using either the 3.5mm analog audio or USB Wired modes, I have no issues and I love the sound quality.

I have tried all the suggestions mentioned in this thread to fix it and I even checked the firmware on the Wireless dongle and the headset itself.

I got the Corsair Virtuoso Headphones as a birthday gift in the mail today. Unfortunately I too encounter the white noise/crackling static sounds when using the Wireless mode.

Using either the 3.5mm analog audio or USB Wired modes, I have no issues and I love the sound quality.

I have tried all the suggestions mentioned in this thread to fix it and I even checked the firmware on the Wireless dongle and the headset itself.

It's the app. They need to fix it. This is so so annoying.