Corsair Community

Commander Pro

klimeka001

• Corsair Employee
Question, Does buying the commander pro eliminate the need for a lighting node pro? im planning on buying the 570x and a 3 pack of sp120's and hooking all that up to work within Link.

thanks!

Yes, the Commander PRO has two LED channels, similar to the Lighting Node PRO. Connecting the SP120 RGB fans into the Commander PRO will allow you to control your fan speeds and RGB lighting through our LINK software.

Commander PRO -> RGB Fan hub (included with your SP120 RGB triple pack) -> SP120 RGB fans

Yes, the Commander PRO has two LED channels, similar to the Lighting Node PRO. Connecting the SP120 RGB fans into the Commander PRO will allow you to control your fan speeds and RGB lighting through our LINK software.

Commander PRO -> RGB Fan hub (included with your SP120 RGB triple pack) -> SP120 RGB fans

Okay sweet! and im guessing all 6 of the fans would plug into the fan ports in the CLCP?

if i wanted to get HD120's instead (the 3 pack, and have 3 of each fans) could they work together (sync pasterns and looks aesthetically pleasing)?

Okay sweet! and im guessing all 6 of the fans would plug into the fan ports in the CLCP?

if i wanted to get HD120's instead (the 3 pack, and have 3 of each fans) could they work together (sync pasterns and looks aesthetically pleasing)?

The CLCP can control all 6 fans with no issues.

The HD and SP fans can't be connected to the same LED Hub, so you would need 2 x LED Hubs connected to the two ports.

HD fans have 12 LEDs that can be independently controlled, but the SP LEDs all have to be the same colour so syncing is unlikely to be aesthetically pleasing.

The CLCP can control all 6 fans with no issues.

The HD and SP fans can't be connected to the same LED Hub, so you would need 2 x LED Hubs connected to the two ports.

HD fans have 12 LEDs that can be independently controlled, but the SP LEDs all have to be the same colour so syncing is unlikely to be aesthetically pleasing.

okay so if I end up deciding to do this. can the HD LED hub that comes in the 3 pack be on its own port and the SP LED Hub that comes with the 570x be used on the other, then synced (to the best possible ability) to eachother?

can the HD LED hub that comes in the 3 pack be on its own port and the SP LED Hub that comes with the 570x be used on the other

Yes, this should work.

The HD LED effects are far prettier then the SP LED effects and once you see them I suspect you will wish for 6 x HD LED fans.

I know i just wish the 570 came with the option to come with hd120's instead. Kinda misleading how most of the pictures on the 570's page are with hd120's showing how good it looks and then NOPE! "you get the sp120's sorry lol" so now I either gotta settle on 2 different fans or dropping an extra 80 bucks and have 3 extra fans lol

Well thanks anyway, and thanks to everyone here!

Archived