Corsair Community

What Fuse is the F3/5v fuse in CoPro

solarity

I like to tinker and didn't really need a CoPro as I have more than enough headers on my MB for fans and temp sensor, as well as a couple LNP for lighting. I stumbled across a CoPro that was being sold "as-is"/parts on eBay. Judging by the person selling the CoPro, I assumed it wasn't just a simple fix, I was right. After an hour or looking at it and diagnosing with a multi meter, I see the 5v fuse (F3), which might be a PTC fuse looks damaged and didn't reset itself. I would like to know what type of fuse it is, it is green, has a "T" labeled on it and it is identical to the 12v and the 3.3v fuses. It is labeled on the PCB as F3 and it is located next to the USB2.0 header: https://imgur.com/a/y3sf5NI

I tested and when I shorted out the leads going to the fuse, the CoPro came to life, LEDs started working, fans started spinning at fast rate, and the CoPro showed up in iCue. I could put a drop of solder on it and call it a day, though that would bipass the safety measures put in place. I spoke to the seller on ebay and he said he plugged in some random LEDs he got from China and he thinks that was killed it.

I know this goes beyond what many people might know about these things, though again I like to tinker and learn. It gives me a good excuse to expand my knowledge of electronics beyond software. Need to practice soldering anyway and I wanted to see what all the fuss is with the fan controller portion of iCUE

I'm gonna guess that it's a 4.5A fuse ... all of the rails on the SATA power connection support up to 4.5A.

That's what makes logical sense.

Beyond that ...

Just to follow up for the public, according to a few people I spoke to it is most likely a 5amp fuse. I replaced the 5amp fuse and she breaths again!!!!

Archived