Corsair Community

2GB of TWIN2X2048-6400C4D on EVGA 680i

So just a bit curious. I am running this combo and get some great performance from my system. Currently running it at 3.2GHz. But the memory, whatever I do, they just can't be OC'd. Currently running them at 4-4-4-12 and 1T and works fine at 2.1V. Tried changing to 2T and upping the voltage and then tried to adjust mem FSB, and it just dies as soon as I get in to windows (if lucky). Is that normal performance from these memory sticks. To be honest actually quite dissappointed with them. Any suggestions on getting them up to at least around 867MHz?

And these ones are Micron.

Thanks.

Memory is unlinked. And SLI disabled.

Only thing I managed to change is 4-4-4-12 and 1T. Did run 4-4-4-12 2T and 2V but 1T needed some more juice. When I have tried overclocking I have changed it back to 2T.

Everything else has been left at default and reads like this in Memset:

DDR2 @ 398.4MHz (says 800 in BIOS)

tRC 22

tRFC 42

tWR 5

tWTR 8

tRRD 3

RMS 7.8

System besides that, runs an E6600 at 8x and FSB of 400 (1600 EVGA-wise), hence at 3.2GHz. Very solid and no temp issues or crashes (besides when I fiddle around with the mem sticks).

Runs TAT at 100% with temp at 55C and system at 40C (use BigTyp VX) for an eternity, even run a graphics app at the same time to stress the whole system.

if sli is disabled those should be cas5, so ur setting the memory timings manually with the expert setting for cas4? did you try using the optimum timings setting? and let the mobo choose ur timings while u oc the sticks? ur gonna haveta sacrifice cas and loosen the timings to oc them.

They are CAS5 out of box but sold as CAS4 in SLI mode.

I tried loosening the timings and upping the FSB and there was no luck there either. Also interestingly, the first stepping in the FSB that is possible above 800 is (I think, trying to remember) 857, and that is a pretty meager OC, and it wont run there at 4-4-4-12 or 5-5-5-15 and I think i upped the voltage to 2.2 something, don't really want to go much higher than that. Have not tried setting everything on auto and then OC.

You would assume that a 7% OC on a pair of premium sticks would be possible right?

with oc'ing i found i get better performance, game wise at least, and more stability downclocking my sticks and tightening the timings. i cant get more than 350 out of my FSB and if its not synched 1:1 with the ddr2 any oc will fail. go figure

• Corsair Employee
There is more loading on the CPU and memory controller when its running 1-1 so you will get more out of the CPU when you down clock the memory, ultimately CPU performance will yeild the best over all performance.

• 4 weeks later...
I also have the same memory but the EVGA 680i SE SLI mobo. All i ever get is the 1d error or a C1. I've tried every combination of slots, updated bios, manually set timings and voltage as I read in multiple forums using a Samsung 512 333mhz stick out of an old Dell. The darn thing just doesn't want to get past the 1d error with the Dominators. It's been 3 days now of reading forums and test after test and these things will not work. Any tricks out there I should know about?

• 3 weeks later...

I have a Asus P5B-E with the same memory as you, and the same problem.

I posted here a few months ago but with no real solution. The memory is great stock, but any OC will simply fail. I have determined the limit is the memory and might get a different brand.

Pretty dissapointed with the oc on these sticks, was hoping for more from Corsair, but so far good at stock 800mhz or 830max.....

Yapa

Archived