Corsair Community

Issue With LL120 RGB fans

Tyberius

Hi all, new member here. I've been browsing the forums here quite a bit lately but I thought I'd join to ask a question I've been unable to find the answer for so far.

FYI- I bought the 3 pack of LL120's that included that lighting node pro and the hub. Okay, so installing these fans was a bit of a headache, I had to do a lot of trial and error before I finally got them all lighting up properly. Anyway, everything works lovely now unless I unplug my PC or it loses power for whatever reason, afterwards they will not light up. Upon booting, the iCUE software acts as if they're still working and shows the LNP and the animations and such, but the RGB lights remain off. To get them back on, I have to open up the case and unplug the USB from the LNP and SATA power, and then plug back in the SATA power first, then the USB to the LNP. For some reason I have to do it in that specific order or they will not light back up.

My question is: is this normal behavior? Do you have to do this every time your PC gets unplugged or loses power? And could this problem be solved if I just bought the Commander Pro? I only ask because it's a bit of a hassle to open up my case every time this happens in order to reset them. I also opened up a support ticket about a week ago with Corsair to find out more information but they never got back with me.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Tyberius

No, that's not normal behavior.

Start with disabling Fast Boot in your BIOS and then Windows Fast Startup (https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disable-windows-10-fast-startup). Both of these have trixies that bypass USB initialization.

Thank you for the suggestions. I tried disabling both options as you said, and nothing. :/

It's a strange issue, I've tried using a different USB header too, with the same results. It seems that if I leave the USB unplugged, they will light up every time, even after a power failure. It's strange.