Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-13-2014, 06:44 AM
glogas's PC Specs

POST ID # = 697063
glogas Reputation: 10
Default Problems found in Corsair Link v2.5.5145 beta

May corsair forgive me not using the discussin thread above. I am discouraging use of such a mega thread as it is unreadable and har to find any Information, and even harder finding related informations.

If this should be separated couldn't there be a Beta subforum instead ? If one looks for a specific problem in the mega thread one may find many unrelated matches with no helping title. And if one is lucky finding the Problem it is hard to find the initial post and all related posts.

Now to the problems:
  • Power efficiency >100% (found already reported)
  • Gauge positions not scaled with window resulting in not matching the Background Image anymore. It seems however that internally the scaling works as when you pickup a gauge to place it again it will shortly Show at the correct location. I think that the Problem is related to "Restore" and "Maximize" window Events. During Manual sizing with th emouse th eplacement Looks correct but if you size it smaller and then maximize the window the gauges will remain in their positions they were before the "Maximize".
  • Even after restore of the window size the positions remain wrong
  • Fan 5 on the cooling node not showing up but spinning fine
  • Does not start automatically at Login with "Run at Windows Startup" enabled (also tested after toggle off/on) Have created a windows task to start it automatically for now
  • Have a "Cooling Temp 8" gauge with fixed 0.0°C , no clue where it comes from. Deleting it just brings it back ("Show all devices" is off)

Old 02-14-2014, 03:22 AM

POST ID # = 697158
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 124

1. When the PSU is under load the efficiency reading will be more accurate than when the PSU is idling.
4. What FW is the Cooling Node on? Latest FW is 1.2.11
5. The software should create a task in Windows Scheduler to start on logon. Running the program as admin may fix it.
6. Right Click>Hide should make it disappear. (It will re-appear when "Show all Devices" is ticked).

Old 02-14-2014, 09:16 PM
glogas's PC Specs

POST ID # = 697290
glogas Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toasted View Post
1. When the PSU is under load the efficiency reading will be more accurate than when the PSU is idling.
Guess so but having an Efficiency of 130% which is Minimum 30% error at 34% of load does not make me confident for the whole measurement.

Quote:
4. What FW is the Cooling Node on? Latest FW is 1.2.11
Yep, verified

Quote:
5. The software should create a task in Windows Scheduler to start on logon. Running the program as admin may fix it.
Ah, possibly yes. Not a solution but a workaround. Proper software design should not silently fail, but either Report the failing and require the software to be run as admin, or better elevate the appplication when required.

I have now checked while typing. Corsair Link asks for admin Elevation at start. Additionally I have verified that the Background task as well as the GUI process run with admin rights without requiring explicit "Run as admin".

Nevertheless I have removed my manualy created task and tried to disable/enable the flag in the GUI after starting the Software explicitely with admin rights and I can't see any Task created. Will see tomorrow morning if it gets started or not to be sure.

Quote:
6. Right Click>Hide should make it disappear. (It will re-appear when "Show all Devices" is ticked).
Yeah know and did that. but I am a friend of clean solutions Either the software should not detect any unconnected sensor/fan or it should detect all possible connections. In this latter case hiding would be the "solution".

But right, it's not a big issue.

Thanks