Corsair Community

Windows 8.1 Corsair Link 2 issues No Pump or fans showing...?

Sybink

As a software tester, I thought I installed Windows 8.1 last week and all is well with my hardware and software. My Windows 8.1 is legit and legally registered to me. When I installed Corsair link and run the software for the first time, I noticed that their isn't any pump or fans present.

Running a beta Corsair Link at the moment switching back to previous build for now, unable to update firmware. (The attached image is not t he beta version)

Okay I appreciate and understand that Windows 8.1 is not officially supported until next month. And I perfectly understand if Corsair cannot offer any support. But I'm posting my question anyway. If you look at the attached image, there is no pump or fans present. Which indicates that the USB Mini Type B cable is not communicating to the USB internal header. Which is either down to the following culprits...

ASUS (Thus being the BIOS)

Intel (Thus being the Chipset or the USB drivers)

Corsair (Thus being the Software or Firmware)

If you unplug the USB header cable and then pop it back in again it come on, I was thinking as a temporary fix for now, buy a USB - Mini Type B cable plug this into the USB ports at the rear of the chassis and run the cable this way until there is a fix for this problem. Not an ideal way, as I would imagine the software is designed to be connected via a USB Header not a USB port. But nevertheless, this is a workaround until this is resolved.

Any thoughts on my suggestion, it should work for now as a temporary fix.

Update:

I have updated the firmware to the latest version 1.0.7 but still the same issue. I know this is probably a stupid question. Is there an update for Corsair Hydro USB...? Current version is 2.0.0.

1188613152_Corsair_H100i_nosignalfromCorsairLink2USBcable.thumb.jpg.5d081f013447198cf204bd468cce952f.jpg

Corsair_H100i.jpg.934bcb32cd1711c98d3b74f1dd5971f8.jpg

As a software tester, I thought I installed Windows 8.1 last week and all is well with my hardware and software. My Windows 8.1 is legit and legally registered to me. When I installed Corsair link and run the software for the first time, I noticed that their isn't any pump or fans present.

Okay I appreciate and understand that Windows 8.1 is not officially supported until next month.

Sounds just like my outcome with Windows 8.1 Pro but I also have their AX80i power supply that is not present. I also used their Corsairlink 2.4.5065 software which is available in the product download section.

Connecting to the USB plug at the back of your machine instead of the USB header on the motherboard should work but it really should get any different results. I may need to go that route because in the future I will need that USB motherboard header for another product.

I hope Corsair fixes this for the Windows 8.1 release date because the Corsair LED on the h100i heatsink has changed from white to light yellow. :eek:

Same here, my h100i and the fans doesnt show up anymore.

It was working and then the corsair link software crashed and after that the h100i and 4 fans dissapeared.

reinstalled everything including the driver and still the same thing, i just did a clean install of windows 8.1 today, was using the corsair link software on windows 7 before without a problem.

It seens it has some compatibility issues with windows 8.1 and we definetly need a patch

everything is on the latest versions, h100i firmware and corsair link software

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, I followed the following steps, but my CorsairLink2 SW is crashing every time I try to open it.

1. Changed registry entries as documented here.

2. Uninstalled CorsairLink2

3. Reboot

4. Installed CorsairLink 2.

What am I doing wrong here? (FYI, I rechecked the registry entries, and they are all set to 0 still as per the change). Thanks.

One other question, is my CPU going to burn up without CorsairLink 2 running or does the H100i firmware have default settings it uses if it sees the program is not running?

I find it rather crazy that Corsair had over 6 months to address this problem and now with Windows 8.1. formally available, still no fix.

One other question, is my CPU going to burn up without CorsairLink 2 running or does the H100i firmware have default settings it uses if it sees the program is not running?

your computer has m/b safety features that will shut things down before damaging it regardless of how things are set in the windows environment

Actually is the post #19.

I'm facing the exact same issue here in Brazil with my H100i. After the W8.1 update, my CL2 does not shows the radiator fans anymore, but they are working at the default speeds (the pump as well).

I'm going to try out the registry tweak when I get home from work...let's hope it works, otherwise I'll be forced to connect the fans to the fan's controllers connections of my Cosmos 2.

Read post 20 of this thread. It addresses USB suspend problems with 8.1

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=120962&page=2

RodeoGeorge

It worked flawlessly!

Thanks very much!

Actually is the post #19.

I'm facing the exact same issue here in Brazil with my H100i. After the W8.1 update, my CL2 does not shows the radiator fans anymore, but they are working at the default speeds (the pump as well).

I'm going to try out the registry tweak when I get home from work...let's hope it works, otherwise I'll be forced to connect the fans to the fan's controllers connections of my Cosmos 2.

My H100i software has the same problems after the Windows 8.1 update.

The Reg hack works but in reality you shouldn't have to do this.

Come on Corsair get your finger out and sort these Win 8.1 problems out.

You have had plenty of time prior to the 8.1 release to make sure your products work.

Ps and the Headphone software is de funked as well :sigh!:

My H100i software has the same problems after the Windows 8.1 update.

The Reg hack works but in reality you shouldn't have to do this.

Come on Corsair get your finger out and sort these Win 8.1 problems out.

You have had plenty of time prior to the 8.1 release to make sure your products work.

Ps and the Headphone software is de funked as well :sigh!:

I agree...

I didn't read up on this problem before installing windows 8.1 from 7.

Good thing is that the pump saves your fan profiles in its memory, so my fans are working exactly like I want them.

I am going to say its very sad that these problems weren't worked out as soon as it was discovered by users.

The corsair link software has been a sort of an afterthought that hasn't been kept up with like it should. Meanwhile a lot of the people that purchased the "i" version of these coolers did so exactly for the software aspect. tsk tsk Corsair.

whats your question?if its a problem that you would like addressed then it may be best for you to start your own thread so as to avoid confusion in others thread

Can you not read, I think your confused.

Have you heard from Corsair about the on going problem in this thread?

No you have not, and nobody else has either MAYBE THEY ARE NOT THERE

Helloooooooooo

Archived