Corsair Community

XFX 8200 Motherboard Memory Setup

kristof15

Hi, im new here.

First thread too.

Ok, so you probably heard this a bunch of times, right? My issue is that XFX decided to put a really stupid BIOS on my motherboard and I dont know how to make brand new Corsair Dominator memory working at max speed and/or properly.

So if anyone knows how to use XFX 8200 motherboard BIOS, that would be a great help!

Memory = 4GB PC8500 "1066 mhz" Model: TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF

• Corsair Employee
You can get the tested settings from the link in my signature and use them for reference when you setup your BIOS. I am sorry as we do not have MB specific settings. However, XFX is made by EVGA or the same manufacturer as EVGA and will have close to the same options in the BIOS.

I checked the link out, but I did not find it helpful.

Because it says: ASUS P5b or M2N32-SLI Premium/Deluxe only

Anyway, I can change settings in my BIOS now, it just took a couple of days to figure it out.

So, I set the memory to 2.1v (thats what it says phisically on the memory card), but I dont know what to set the timings to!

When everything (besides voltage) is on AUTO I use CPUZ program and it says:

DRAM Frequency------------------------------------371.4 mhz

FSB:DRAM------------------------------------------CPU/7

CAS# Latency(CL)----------------------------------5.0 clocks

RAS# to CAS# Delay (tRCD)-------------------------5 clocks

RAS# Precharge (tRP)-------------------------------5 clocks

Cycle Time (tRAS)----------------------------------18 clocks

Blank Cycle Time(tRC)-------------------------------24 clocks

Command Rate (CR)---------------------------------2T

and 3 other stuff but its greyed out.

AND

on a different tab it says Max Bandwith: PC2-6400 (400 mhz)

Maybe my CPU cant handle anything bigger than 400mhz.

I looked online, but im not sure so let me know please.

Download CPU-z from

Download Memtest86+ Version 2.01 from--->

and extract the ISO image. Burn the ISO image to an CD-ROM disk.

Enter your BIOS and load setup defaults. Save setup defaults and enter these values:

Advanced Settings

JUST W00t!

Over Voltage and Clock Settings

Memory Configuration

tCL (CAS Latency) = 5
tRCD = 5
tRP = 5
tRAS = 15
Command Per Clock = 2T

DRAM Voltage Control = 2.1v

Run Memtest for two full passes, then (If Stable), enter Windows and post screenshots of CPU-z's CPU, Memory and SPD tabs.

I have an AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ CPU.

Besides, the MemTest wont work. I tried to open the IMG file with PowerIso, but it says file is invalid or something like that.

I have a question:

Are there any charts or tables that will give me settings that I can use with my processor?

I have an AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ CPU.

Besides, the MemTest wont work. I tried to open the IMG file with PowerIso, but it says file is invalid or something like that.

I have a question:

Are there any charts or tables that will give me settings that I can use with my processor?

Burn the ISO as an image. Don't try and open it. Just burn it as an image.

http://www.petri.co.il/how_to_write_iso_files_to_cd.htm

You will need to contact your motherboard manufacturer to find if they have any settings. They do NOT give out the manual so it will be hard to find anyone giving you settings unless they have that board and manual.

• 1 month later...
I also am a newbie, joined today.

I have the exact same situation. My Bios shows my memory at 400Mhz.

Unfortunately, the answers to your post don't help me. Maybe I'm dense but I need more help.

David

You are set at 400 X 2 = 800Mhz. You need to contact your motherboard manufuacturer to get the proper settings. Either that or you need to post your BIOS settings in a template form for me to give you the proper settings.

Link to your motherboard manual.

I've done as you suggest but have not recieved a response.

I think you are right about the speed being dependent on the CPU. Unfortunately I bought 8 Meg of very expensive memory I can't fully utilize. The good news is I was able to get 8 meg of PC-6400 (Corsair Dual Channel TWINX 4096MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz Memory (2 x 2048MB) from TigerDirect for $50.

Because my wife and I both have these motherboards we'll put 8 meg into each. Lowers the average cost and we plan to go 64 bit.

Thanks for you help.

David

You're very welcome. The difference between 800Mhz vs 1066Mhz with an AMD CPU would be minimal anyway due to the blisteringly fast HT speed of the AMD transfer protocol.

I've done as you suggest but have not recieved a response.

I think you are right about the speed being dependent on the CPU. Unfortunately I bought 8 Meg of very expensive memory I can't fully utilize. The good news is I was able to get 8 meg of PC-6400 (Corsair Dual Channel TWINX 4096MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz Memory (2 x 2048MB) from TigerDirect for $50.

Because my wife and I both have these motherboards we'll put 8 meg into each. Lowers the average cost and we plan to go 64 bit.

Thanks for you help.

David

Archived