Corsair Community

dpshears

So, My Rig contains a k70 mk.2, MM800 RGB mouse mat, Glaive Mouse, ST100, Vengeance Pro RGB ram (2 are the dummy sticks), 5 LL 120 RGB fans, and 4 LED expansion strips. I have the fans and LED strips running off of a Commander Pro and LED lighting hub. The problem here is not setting up. Everything is wired correctly and works and lights up properly. Whole setup looks Unbelievable.

My issue is what seems to be a completely and totally random disconnection of devices. When the disconnection happens, I loose control of the Mouse, the mouse mat turns off, and seconds later all of my devices in the case flicker to RGB rainbow, and reloads My default profile on all devices and everything is back connected again. Oddly enough, the k70 does not disconnect EVER, and the ST100 is sometimes the same though it does go out once in a while. It doesn't seem to be related to performance, as this actually happens more when idle than while under load in any way. thought it has happened several times while gaming which really gets annoying for both myself and my teammates. Again, this actually seems to happen randomly, as I've had it happen frequently in some cases, but at times it won't do it for almost a day or so, at least that I notice.

I'm just curious if anyone else has this issue. I assume that this is most likely a Software issue, and have tried EVERYTHING on the hardware end to fix this issue with no luck. Just grasping at straws I guess

Question - do you have Steam running? If so,does it happen when Steam isn't running?

I have not explicitly checked for something like that TBH. I can definitely recall it happening while playing games in other launchers, though I can not confirm that Steam was not also running in the background. I will check to see if that happens to be the variable i'm looking for.

Thanks so much for the idea! I've been racking my brain trying to figure what it could be. Steam seems to be a very logical explanation. You have no idea how much relief i have right now, knowing I haven't exhausted every solution lol.

Just curious, do you think the actual lighting profile and how complex some of the lighting patterns are could have caused any sort of issue? i do use some pretty intricate lighting profiles. Some lighting Link effects as well as custom. Some taking anywhere between 5-7 seconds to cycle through the whole system and peripherals.

I doubt it but I'd be open to trying your profile on my machine to see if you export it.

We've seen issues with Steam wreaking havoc on USB devices every now and again. Not saying that this is the issue but it's worth checking.

Also ... I'm assuming that you've update your chipset drivers from your mobo manufacturer's site? Don't use the default ones that Windows puts in there.

I'm have exactly the same problem. Build using Maximus XI Hero wifi, 9900kf, rog strix 2080ti, 500d RGB SE case, H150i AIO, Vengeance Pro RGB ram 3200mhz 16x2, Hx850i PSU.

When iCue started to run on startup, it causes a usb disconnecting sound.(Checked the location on USBDeview, Seems like a driver called Corsair USBxp).

If i stated to play games(i tried GTA V on rockstar launcher, origin games, steam games), that's when nightmares came. Random usb disconnection and reconnect happens. Keyboard, mouse, mouse pad and rgb on fans,AIO basically every usb peripherals no matter it is corsair products or not.

I've tried

Clean re-install including delete registry on Windows

Switch the usb 2.0 port on motherboard for AIO, Commander Pro(Even tried with a NZXT internal hub)

Disable Fast boot on BIOS and Windows

Update everything to newest version, even BIOS

Turn off power saving on USB port

Currently i can only solve the problem by deleting iCue, but what's the point of using corsair's rgb product without iCue. A lot of people seems to having this issue for a long time but Corsair seems don't have a fix for it.

Currently i can only solve the problem by deleting iCue, but what's the point of using corsair's rgb product without iCue. A lot of people seems to having this issue for a long time but Corsair seems don't have a fix for it.

Much (though not all) of the historical issues have had to do with Steam accessing all USB devices on the system. Folks just don't want to hear that.

The disconnect/connect sound on startup is normal and only happens once. It should not be happening on an ongoing basis so putting that in the same bucket just isn't useful, helpful or relevant.

Much (though not all) of the historical issues have had to do with Steam accessing all USB devices on the system. Folks just don't want to hear that.

The disconnect/connect sound on startup is normal and only happens once. It should not be happening on an ongoing basis so putting that in the same bucket just isn't useful, helpful or relevant.

But this issue appear in different game platforms not only steam and they all seems to crash with iCue. Any suggestion to fix this apart from deleting any software?

I too have terrible disconnect issues with latest iCue (x570 + 3900x + Lighting Node Pro + H100i Platinum + Assorted LL120 Fans + H1000i PSU).

If I keep iCue running, there will be device disconnects within 5 minutes...and fans will spin down. Then they will reconnect and spin up. Driving me crazy.

Only solution is to run iCue on startup and then close it properly.

I went all Corsair on my build in order to have iCue as my central command...a mistake it seems.

Furthermore, iCue only allows fan profiles based on H100i water temp or my GFX card temp, and doesn't show CPU or Mobo or Chipset temp as options.

Since it shows the GFX Card (ASUS) can't see why it can't pull the other temperatures. Liquid Temp is poor and lagging indicator of what's really going on in my case.

It seems this USB disconnect issue has been present for more than a year and is related to how iCue accesses devices. Other monitoring software seems to have licked this problem, why not iCue?

Is there an ETA on a real fix?

I doubt it but I'd be open to trying your profile on my machine to see if you export it.

We've seen issues with Steam wreaking havoc on USB devices every now and again. Not saying that this is the issue but it's worth checking.

Also ... I'm assuming that you've update your chipset drivers from your mobo manufacturer's site? Don't use the default ones that Windows puts in there.

So, I decided today, i'd leave the computer running while i was at work. I made sure steam was not running. put it on a certain profile knowing that if anything disconnects, the default lighting profile will kick back in and I could see if it was steam causing the issue. Nothing seemed to disconnect while I was gone. I did however have a 2 hour gaming session last night where No disconnection happened. Steam was running the whole time for that. Actually to be totally honest, since I made the original post, I don't think anything has cut out. Which is frustrating because I haven't really done anything since then but monitor what programs are running and trying to pinpoint where the disconnects are happening.

• 2 weeks later...

I was coming here to post about the very same issues.

I have an ST100, and it was working fine until I added the Commander Pro and a Node pro in support of my 8 ML120 RGB Pro fans. I bought 3xthree packs and a Commander Pro, to over come the crap Asus issues with control software. Since this addition My ST100 shuts down (disconnects) and reconnects about every 60-90 minutes, and brings down the lighting on the ML120 fans as well as the RGB on my keyboard. No idea if the fans loss power, as its rather quick so can't tell visually if the fan blades slow. If I use this stand with a Corsair Void wireless headset's dongle, when this happens it disconnects my headset, and it reconnects, the dongle losses power.

Needless, very annoying as I went corsair to have one ecosystem, to not have these kinds of issues, and I have a fair investment in Corsair and iCUE.

However upon reading this I have both Steam and Aura Sync running. So I will try disabling both and see the effect.

Currently my ST100 is now unplugged and the most expensive plastic stand I have ever purchased. I bought it for the 2 USB 3.0 ports and the lighting, as well as a handy place for my headset.

System:

Asus x470 Strix (Last Asus I ever will own)

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X

Enermax Liqtech II 360 cooler

16GB G.Skilll 3200/14 FlareX RAM

2x ADATA 512 NVMe drives

Asus Vega64 Strix OC

Corsair AX850 Gold PSU

Corsair Strafe RGB Ketboard / IronClaw Mouse

Corsair Commander Pro

8x Corsair ML120 RGB Pro Fans

1 Node Pro

Housed in a LianLi PC-011 Dynamic

My next Ryzen 3900X build is looking at the new Dynamic XL, but I am hesitant now to continue with Hydro X cooling, do not want this issue spilling over to the pump and other accessories. The more I work with iCUE the more I like it, it needs a few rough edges smoothed (less CPU usage, iSpace updates), but it works very well and was rather simple to setup and customize. It is also a one stop shop utility, for monitoring and control. I really like the per application profiles and incredible customization it affords. I was never much for RGB....Corsair converted me.

Edited by Exmortis

Do you have Asus aura installed as well? I found stopping lightingservice.exe in task manager stopped my random usb re/dis connects.

Thank you for that bit-o-wisdom! Removing Aura Sync solved the issue, for the first time since installation the Commander Pro I used the USB ports on my ST100 with Void headset.

• 8 months later...
reading this post. I have corsair case, water cooler, vengence ram, and case fans. After installing my commander pro ( till then had nooo issues with i cue or anything) i started to have the random disconnects and when plugged up to a 10htz usb my kb and mouse lights cut off and then cut back on and would get the windows sound of a disconnect and reconnect. when I move them to 5 htz it stopped affecting my lights but still hear the sound of the disconnect. Any one can help me with this I would appreciate it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So it's been a long time since I made the original post. I'm not sure who was the one to fix this, I assume it has to do with the way windows interacts with ICUE. So steam, doesn't seem to be the issue. Disconnects don't seem to discriminate, it loves to disconnect no matter what program I run!

Disconnects happened long before I ever had any sort of Aura program or plugin installed.

I had always gone into my global power management settings and set USB ports to not shutdown to save power. This appeared to be on the right track. I happened to come across this solution on another thread in the forums. I figured I'd post this here. This thread seems to be more recently active

Go to your Control Panel > System > Hardware tab > and click on the "Device Manager" button.

In the Device Manager window, find the item or items labeled "Universal Serial Bus controllers." Open it, and double-click the first item called "USB Root Hub." (I found that only my usb 3 ports had anything close to this label so I went through and changed it for all of my ports regardless of it had this same label)

In the USB Root Hub Properties dialog, click on the "Power Management" tab.

"Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" is checked by default. Uncheck this box, and click "OK."

I know this seems like a pretty easy solution, But I can't recall ever going into these settings individually, only through the global settings through the advanced power management settings.

Not sure if this will work for everyone, but my MM800 mouse pad has caused me disconnect issues LITERALLY for 2 years now. Just having the mouse pad plugged in would cause random disconnects that would chain through the system. Since I did this, I have yet to have a single disconnect.

May be worth going through and making sure that any of your corsair devices are set accordingly.

Same issue, mouse and headset randomly disconnects. Both are non-Corsair.

The power management thing does nothing.

Aura and steam aren't even installed.

I added an internal NZXT USB HUB and between MB and the Corsair Commander.

That has removed the issue for the headset and reduce the occurrence for the mouse.

Given how badly the Corsair USB drivers have worked over the years it's kind of easy to draw aa conclusion ...