Corsair Community

K95 RGB brown switches question

WadeIsOP

Hi, I own a K95 RGB brown, and I have noticed something rather disturbing. on my 1-9 keys the top of the key (!@#$%^&*()) is as bright as the rest of the keyboard, but the bottom of the key (1234567890) are a lot dimmer than the rest of the keyboard.

I have already sent one of these keyboards back because of this issue and corsair told me that every key is supposed to be as bright as the other. I just got my replacement back yesterday and plugged in today hopping that it was just a faulty keyboard I got.

My question is, are all of the K95 RGB keyboards like this or is it something possibly on my end?

My question is, are all of the K95 RGB keyboards like this or is it something possibly on my end?

It's the same with the entire range of LED (RGB or not, was the same with my K90) keyboards, the LED is at the top of the switch so it doesn't show through as well.

This is normal, the LED is on top of the switch. If you take off the keycap you can see the light is on top, thus the darker colors on the bottom.

Wrong keyboard

The RGB is surface mounted to the PCB and the switch focuses the light up. That's why they are actually dimmer looking that the non RGB's

Archived