Corsair Community

BUG / CUE 1.2.77 / Direct Mode Selection of Duplicated Modes Fails

novenine

Hi,

Using the newest public version of CUE, 1.2.77

Problem: Assigning a direct mode selection action that points to a mode that has been duplicated from an existing mode fails.

Reason: When duplicating a mode, a unique id is not generated - the newly created mode retains the id of the mode it was duplicated from. This can be seen when looking at the contents of exported profile files (.prf). As a result, Direct Mode Selection cannot work, as there are multiple modes with the same id.

Hi,

Using the newest public version of CUE, 1.2.77

Problem: Assigning a direct mode selection action that points to a mode that has been duplicated from an existing mode fails.

Reason: When duplicating a mode, a unique id is not generated - the newly created mode retains the id of the mode it was duplicated from. This can be seen when looking at the contents of exported profile files (.prf). As a result, Direct Mode Selection cannot work, as there are multiple modes with the same id.

also on the k95 you cannot select the M1 profile directly I had to move it to M2 so I could select it in the drop down list as the M1 isn't even in the list (which is why I can't go directly to it)

also on the k95 you cannot select the M1 profile directly I had to move it to M2 so I could select it in the drop down list as the M1 isn't even in the list (which is why I can't go directly to it)

I think this is by design, possibly; I'm presuming you were in mode M1 when you tried to create this action?

To set up an action to switch to M1, you have to create it when in another mode.

I think this is by design, possibly; I'm presuming you were in mode M1 when you tried to create this action?

To set up an action to switch to M1, you have to create it when in another mode.

When you create a profile on the k95 it actually makes all 3 at once M!,M2, M3 with default profiles. I did in fact select the M2 profile and tried to do it but the M1:profiles never shows on the drop down list.

When you create a profile on the k95 it actually makes all 3 at once M!,M2, M3 with default profiles. I did in fact select the M2 profile and tried to do it but the M1:profiles never shows on the drop down list.

I can't say I see this problem you're describing, it works fine for me; I create a new profile, the three empty modes M1 M2 and M3 are set up, and I can create a direct mode selection action on a key in M2 that points to M1. Are you using the newest version of CUE, 1.2.77?

I can't say I see this problem you're describing, it works fine for me; I create a new profile, the three empty modes M1 M2 and M3 are set up, and I can create a direct mode selection action on a key in M2 that points to M1. Are you using the newest version of CUE, 1.2.77?

yep

I know I didn't have this problem when I had the k65. Maybe a reinstall.

yep

I know I didn't have this problem when I had the k65. Maybe a reinstall.

Archived