Corsair Community

SP140 RGB PRO fans not responding in iCUE

fiction616

I have 4 SP140 RGB PRO fans connected to a single lighting node core, with the USB header plugged into header JUSB1. iCUE detects the lighting node core, but i get no response from the LEDs. Fan 1 has a single blue LED lit up, fan 2 has a couple red and blue LED lit up, and fans 3 and 4 are not lighting up at all. There is no reaction to anything i apply in iCUE for the fans, but iCUE is controlling my mouse fine. I have done the clean uninstall per instructions on the corsair website and reinstalled iCUE. I have uninstalled MSI's dragon center in case mystic light was conflicting with iCUE. I am running iCUE version 3.27.68 and the node core is running version 0.9.16

This entire process has been a massive headache and extremely time consuming only to control some lights on a fan.

PLEASE HELP I'M GOING CRAZY

mobo is MSI x570 gaming plus

So I've changed the USB header to JUSB2 and changed the order that the fans are plugged into the node core. Fan 4 is now fan 1, fan 3 is now 2, etc. and the 2 fans that weren't lighting up at all are now working, but the other 2 are still stuck with just a couple LED's lit up.

So the 2 fans that came with the kit are the 2 that are working. The other 2 are the single packs that you buy to add to the kit. The 2 kit fans are labeled co-9050096-ww and the singles are labeled co-9050095-ww however these should be compatible with each other since they're both SP140 RGB PRO fans, correct?

What am I doing wrong here? Is it possible to brick these things? What are the odds I've gotten 2 bad fans...

Hi buddy....

does look like you may have a bad fan...

they work as a 'Daisy Chain' if there is a break in the chain the following LED's wont light up.. try swopping the order of fans 3 and 4.. any change?

No change unfortunately. Same LED's are stuck on. Hopefully I can get these replaced in a claim.