Corsair Community

Scimitar Pro RGB Mouse Issue

FallenSteel

So.. I came across an interesting issue that is really, really bugging me.

1. For some reason my Remapped key on my mouse does not hold if I press anything else. This was noticed almost immediately as I regularly use PTT on Discord.

So.. as an example.

If I press the 3 button on my mouse, and I press anything else on my mouse or keyboard, as soon as I release that button on said mouse or keyboard, the 3 button on my mouse releases, even though I still have it depressed.

2. Steps to attempt to fix. First and foremost, removing iCUE and using the mouse with the standard drives works.. this means that we are looking at an iCUE problem. I also tested the keyboard to see if it was also having similar problems, and that wasn't the case.

3. I've removed the program twice now, and I have no idea what sort of iCUE related software is remaining on my PC for this to still occur. I removed my profile saved information as well.. though it changed nothing.

4. I've attempted a software reset on my mouse as well, removing the usb, holding the left/right button, plugging back in usb, then waiting on the flash and removing it again. Still no change..

5. I've also attempted different remapped buttons, such as the letter "A", function buttons and whatever, including using different keys such as 1 or 2 instead of 3 on my mouse. Any action I take, as soon as another button is released, will also release said button.

6. I've also gone into device manager, uninstalled all mouse drivers, and re-plugged the mouse back into the computer as a longshot.

For some context, I was installing Black Desert Online, patch had failed and crashed my computer, and for some reason my mouse was affected...

If anyone can point me in the right direction on what I can do to solve this problem, that would be fantastic.

Thanks!

• Corsair Employee
I can confirm that this behavior is normal for that mouse and it is not a bug. You can mitigate this by enabling the "Imitate holding key" and setting it to toggle but it will stop pressing that button for the bit of time you are using another click or button on the mouse as the mouse doesn't have N-key Rollover like a mechanical keyboard does.

Hi iv noticed the same issue recently and iv been using this mouse for around 4 years and didnt notice it happening until i updated the icue software to the new version.

I belive this might be an iCue issue since iv never noticed this happening before when using my push to talk ingame but its happening now!

i would have noticed this happening over the 4 years i have had this mouse otherwise!

So.. I came across an interesting issue that is really, really bugging me.

1. For some reason my Remapped key on my mouse does not hold if I press anything else. This was noticed almost immediately as I regularly use PTT on Discord.

So.. as an example.

If I press the 3 button on my mouse, and I press anything else on my mouse or keyboard, as soon as I release that button on said mouse or keyboard, the 3 button on my mouse releases, even though I still have it depressed.

2. Steps to attempt to fix. First and foremost, removing iCUE and using the mouse with the standard drives works.. this means that we are looking at an iCUE problem. I also tested the keyboard to see if it was also having similar problems, and that wasn't the case.

3. I've removed the program twice now, and I have no idea what sort of iCUE related software is remaining on my PC for this to still occur. I removed my profile saved information as well.. though it changed nothing.

4. I've attempted a software reset on my mouse as well, removing the usb, holding the left/right button, plugging back in usb, then waiting on the flash and removing it again. Still no change..

5. I've also attempted different remapped buttons, such as the letter "A", function buttons and whatever, including using different keys such as 1 or 2 instead of 3 on my mouse. Any action I take, as soon as another button is released, will also release said button.

6. I've also gone into device manager, uninstalled all mouse drivers, and re-plugged the mouse back into the computer as a longshot.

For some context, I was installing Black Desert Online, patch had failed and crashed my computer, and for some reason my mouse was affected...

If anyone can point me in the right direction on what I can do to solve this problem, that would be fantastic.

Thanks!

its a bug download iCUESetup_3.32.80 to fix