The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 21 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-21-2013, 05:39 AM
******* Veteran
Sybink's PC Specs

POST ID # = 675373
Sybink Reputation: 10
Default Windows 8.1 Corsair Link 2 issues No Pump or fans showing...?

As a software tester, I thought I installed Windows 8.1 last week and all is well with my hardware and software. My Windows 8.1 is legit and legally registered to me. When I installed Corsair link and run the software for the first time, I noticed that their isn't any pump or fans present.

Running a beta Corsair Link at the moment switching back to previous build for now, unable to update firmware. (The attached image is not t he beta version)

Okay I appreciate and understand that Windows 8.1 is not officially supported until next month. And I perfectly understand if Corsair cannot offer any support. But I'm posting my question anyway. If you look at the attached image, there is no pump or fans present. Which indicates that the USB Mini Type B cable is not communicating to the USB internal header. Which is either down to the following culprits...

ASUS (Thus being the BIOS)
Intel (Thus being the Chipset or the USB drivers)
Corsair (Thus being the Software or Firmware)

If you unplug the USB header cable and then pop it back in again it come on, I was thinking as a temporary fix for now, buy a USB - Mini Type B cable plug this into the USB ports at the rear of the chassis and run the cable this way until there is a fix for this problem. Not an ideal way, as I would imagine the software is designed to be connected via a USB Header not a USB port. But nevertheless, this is a workaround until this is resolved.

Any thoughts on my suggestion, it should work for now as a temporary fix.

Update:
I have updated the firmware to the latest version 1.0.7 but still the same issue. I know this is probably a stupid question. Is there an update for Corsair Hydro USB...? Current version is 2.0.0.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Corsair_H100i_no signal from Corsair Link 2 USB cable.jpg (115.4 KB, 4515 views)
File Type: jpg Corsair_H100i.jpg (22.9 KB, 2607 views)

Last edited by Sybink; 09-21-2013 at 07:13 AM. Reason: Update