The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 22 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-07-2013, 03:21 PM
Darkwing's PC Specs

POST ID # = 645446
Darkwing Reputation: 10

that is probably true, but why has only corsair hardware monitor this issue?

Old 04-07-2013, 03:49 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 645450
wytnyt wytnyt Reputation: 159
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkwing View Post
that is probably true, but why has only corsair hardware monitor this issue?
corsair has to run non stop once its in windows,going into sleep mode
is just like stopping all of corsair services in the task monitor and the trying to restart corsair,it wont do it
a reboot is then needed

Old 04-07-2013, 05:17 PM
Frank28's PC Specs

POST ID # = 645458
Frank28 Reputation: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed View Post
Ok, I'm not understanding how this is all hooked up. I see fan 1,3,4. (Difficult to follow, what with all of the rapid switching around in that video. Couldn't concentrate on anything.)

Where/what is fan 2?

Where is the water block?

The cooler fans' RPM and water block RPM should all be grouped with the water block temperature. Instead, you have some of them grouped with the CPU and the CPU load is in there, too. Not needed and probably screwing things up, just on that alone. The load shouldn't be responsive to the temperature.... because it can't be or, if it can, that REALLY screws things up.

What else is going on in the system at 1:28? What with all of the above, that is most probably irrelevant. There's so much noise in the data that anything might be going on and no one would ever find out what it is.

Get the groupings back to what they should be in a default install and go from there. Back to basics.
Hey speed, This system is on Air at the moment (waiting for my watercooling parts to arrive in 2-3 days) I rewired everything so its not as hard to follow and included a diagram of my wiring setup also an other video with just 1 fan linked to the CPU temp. The fan works great on fixed rpm or % but as soon as I set it to follow a curve (performance curve) you can clearly see that the rpms on the graph aren't where the should be and drop to way below the curve and the fans rpm respond according to this (drop to ~600rpm) when they should be at max rpm. here's the video http://www50.zippyshare.com/v/15369670/file.html and here's the pic (wiring diagram of the setup

Thanks

Last edited by Frank28; 04-07-2013 at 05:20 PM.

Old 04-07-2013, 05:41 PM
Darkwing's PC Specs

POST ID # = 645463
Darkwing Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by wytnyt View Post
corsair has to run non stop once its in windows,going into sleep mode
is just like stopping all of corsair services in the task monitor and the trying to restart corsair,it wont do it
a reboot is then needed
Asus AIsuite has no issue with the pc going to sleep, and that is kinda doing a similair job I guess.......not just AIsuite, but most services do this. Looks to me they need to make some changes to Corsair SW.

Old 04-07-2013, 05:49 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 645464
wytnyt wytnyt Reputation: 159
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkwing View Post
Asus AIsuite has no issue with the pc going to sleep, and that is kinda doing a similair job I guess.......not just AIsuite, but most services do this. Looks to me they need to make some changes to Corsair SW.
im sure a change will be looked into as corsair does consider its customers
Aisuite's functions are quiite similar to CL except the hardware is integrated within the mainboard so it always stays hot where the CL is connected via usb and therefore dependent rather than dominant like Aisuite

Old 04-07-2013, 07:20 PM
Johnsonized
Speed's PC Specs

POST ID # = 645477
Speed Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank28 View Post
This system is on Air at the moment (waiting for my watercooling parts to arrive in 2-3 days)
AH, OK, that changes everything. Is it always one fan that is plugged into a specific cooling module header?

Those videos cut off really quickly after changing the fan mode. I have never seen a fan respond immediately to a mode change; other than telling it to run at a specified RPM or %. With curves, it takes some amount of time for the controller to "learn" where it is and where it needs to go. Have you let it run for more than a minute? Two Minutes? More?

Old 04-07-2013, 07:37 PM
Frank28's PC Specs

POST ID # = 645479

Quote:
AH, OK, that changes everything. Is it always one fan that is plugged into a specific cooling module header?

Those videos cut off really quickly after changing the fan mode. I have never seen a fan respond immediately to a mode change; other than telling it to run at a specified RPM or %. With curves, it takes some amount of time for the controller to "learn" where it is and where it needs to go. Have you let it run for more than a minute? Two Minutes? More?
Ya I haven't tested the other fans on it alone yet the one in question is a GELID WING 12 PL (PWM) fan. no sure why, my RPM line on every individual fan graph are off like in the video. As for time do you mean when it starts acting up? or at full or a specific RPM? I had them running for a long time at specific rpm ranges such as 75% or 100% (full power) while gaming. and I have tried the "performance setting for about 5 mins a while ago, ill try it again to see what happens. I also have 2 other GELID fans ill try them also and Ill post results.

UPDATE: They all do it (all 3) at the exact same time, its got to be a bug in the software. If I let the fans on the "performance setting for a while 5-10 mins it doesn't change anything... I'm not sure what to do at this point. I don't believe the node is the issue since it can maintain full speed for as long as I want it, as long as I use the "full speed" "fixed %" or "fixed RPM". I think Corsair/Cool it needs to recheck the coding of the curve settings.

Last edited by Frank28; 04-07-2013 at 08:48 PM. Reason: added the update

Old 04-08-2013, 01:37 AM
Johnsonized
Speed's PC Specs

POST ID # = 645506

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank28 View Post
UPDATE: They all do it (all 3) at the exact same time, its got to be a bug in the software. If I let the fans on the "performance setting for a while 5-10 mins it doesn't change anything... I'm not sure what to do at this point. I don't believe the node is the issue since it can maintain full speed for as long as I want it, as long as I use the "full speed" "fixed %" or "fixed RPM". I think Corsair/Cool it needs to recheck the coding of the curve settings.
5-10 mins should be sufficient to have the cross hair move to where it needs to be.

One clarification, are you testing other fans while they are all plugged into the Cooling Node in their original positions on the node and only pairing them in the Groups, or moving the cables on the node? Have you tried plugging fans into other connectors on the node?

Old 04-08-2013, 01:45 AM
hok4711's PC Specs

POST ID # = 645508
hok4711 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Any chance to start(at Windows start) corsair link 2, not minimized, but just and only on tray icon?
I'm on the same situation! Any hints?

Old 04-08-2013, 01:58 AM
Frank28's PC Specs

POST ID # = 645511

Quote:
5-10 mins should be sufficient to have the cross hair move to where it needs to be.

One clarification, are you testing other fans while they are all plugged into the Cooling Node in their original positions on the node and only pairing them in the Groups, or moving the cables on the node? Have you tried plugging fans into other connectors on the node?
I let them be on the "performance preset" for over 30mins and they still never increased in rpm and the cross hair never moved up. At first I was testing with different ones (1 GELID, 1 Delta and 1 TFC Fan) I then tested with only 3 GELID connected to #1,#2,#3 on the cooling node, and they all acted up at the exact same time. I then tried just 1 GELID fan on different inputs of the cooling node all resulting in the same issue.

Does anyone know where the files get installed, I'd like to try to uninstall the software and all traces left over to see if it would cure this issue?

Old 04-08-2013, 06:25 PM
Johnsonized
Speed's PC Specs

POST ID # = 645679

Seems that you've found a smoking gun. Yeah, I've never understood why one cannot manually set the fan type/RPM limits. How is anything supposed to operate within parameters if the parameters themselves are wrong? I'm supposing that the RPM values for different types of fans are set according to fans that are supplied with Corsair cases, and that would be natural, but to assume that those fans are all there is, is a bit shortsighted in practice. That is why there are Custom Curves but it's not made immediately clear that this may be the case.

Old 04-10-2013, 09:30 AM
Sguma70's PC Specs

POST ID # = 645994
Sguma70 Reputation: 10
Question weird problem

I 'happened a strange thing for a week TEMPERATURE of ax1200i was 38 ° Today I turned on the computer and the temperature of and' returned to -200 °.
On the PC I upgraded and installed anything, I Tried to change the three connectors usb but not 'cambito anything, someone on the forum does not have a similar problem?
SSD backup OCZ vertex 4 120 ° nobody has a similar problem?
help me

Last edited by Sguma70; 04-10-2013 at 09:54 AM.

Old 04-10-2013, 11:33 PM
Cougar281's PC Specs

POST ID # = 646148
Cougar281 Reputation: 10

Add to the list: When the display units are in Celsius, the 'Temp' that the GPU is connected to reports wattage. When display units are set to Fahrenheit, it displays '0' as the wattage.

Old 04-11-2013, 07:10 PM
The Sword of 1K Truths
saitei's PC Specs

POST ID # = 646356
saitei Reputation: 10

I'm still getting the high CPU usage from the monitoring software.

I found another odd issue today. Having the Link software running causes crackling in my G930s. I shutdown the program and it went away.

Old 04-13-2013, 12:37 PM

POST ID # = 646731
AlphaBravo Reputation: 16
Default H100i not recognized when connected to Link Commander

When hooked up to the Link Commander unit (version 2.0.6), the H100i is not recognized as a device. If I hook up the H100i to the motherboard using the USB cable, the H100i is recognized and has full functionality (fan control, LED control).