The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-26-2019, 03:31 PM

POST ID # = 1025287
Janpi Reputation: 10
Default The sniper button on the M65 PRO RGB

I just bought this mouse, and the first thing I noticed was how the supposedly quite unique sniper button was not affecting my DPI when I held it or pressed it. Using the iCUE software I attempted to find something that needed to be "activated" or something of the like. I managed to change the DPI that would supposedly be switched to when pressing the button, so it obviously recognizes it's existence. I'd like to know if I have misunderstood something simple, but looking around the software, I can't seem to find a way to "activate" the sniper button, do I have to keybind it to it's intended purpose?

Please keep it simple but detailed, as I am rather new to this.

Thank you.
Old 11-26-2019, 05:45 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1025297
DevBiker Reputation: 94

No, you don't need to activate it but it'll also depend on what the current/default DPI is for the mouse as to whether you'll see a difference or not. If, for example, your default DPI is set to, say 600 DPI, you may not see much of a difference between that and the 400 DPI setting for the sniper button.

You can also go into iCUE to the settings for the M65 and see what the DPI settings are (using the DPI tab). This will show you the difference between the currently applied DPI and the sniper button DPI.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Helpful Links and FAQs:
AIO FAQ | RGB FAQ |
HydroX FAQ | RGB Cables |
iCUE Tips & Tricks

Old 11-26-2019, 06:33 PM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1025303
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 107

You must hold it down. iCUE must be running. It is not a native OS recognized key and needs the software active to work.
Old 11-28-2019, 01:05 PM

POST ID # = 1025536
Janpi Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
No, you don't need to activate it but it'll also depend on what the current/default DPI is for the mouse as to whether you'll see a difference or not. If, for example, your default DPI is set to, say 600 DPI, you may not see much of a difference between that and the 400 DPI setting for the sniper button.

You can also go into iCUE to the settings for the M65 and see what the DPI settings are (using the DPI tab). This will show you the difference between the currently applied DPI and the sniper button DPI.
I appreciate the help, but I think the issue might be more convoluted. My normal DPI is almost ten times higher than my sniper DPI and I am absolutely positive that pressing it makes no difference as of right now. As far as I know, the light on the middle of the mouse should also change color according to the ones I've set, however it does not when I press it. The mouse does not react at all. But when I tried to keybind a macro to the sniper button after trying these things I noticed that the button was functioning, since it registered those inputs and reacted accordingly.
Old 11-28-2019, 01:20 PM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1025538
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 107

The remap test is what I normally recommend and it appears to have passed. You should also get a color shift to the sniper defined color, but only when in sniper DPI shift. It will not change if the sniper is remaped to another function. The DPI "arrow" should visibly shift from default to the sniper position in the DPI menu.

The only other thing I can think of is the sniper button is somehow roped into the Actions mess on the 3.22.74. No one else has reported it and I can't replicate it on my 3 M65 series mice or the Nightsword that all have this function. What is the DPI level set in the sniper slot?

Tags
icue, m65 rgb pro, sniper button