Corsair Community

Spilled Liquid

Gardarr

About an hour ago I spilled some soy sauce (I know) on my new k70. It was a small amount but I still wanna clean it up. So I unplugged but noticed that the lights still worked but some of the keys wont work but the lights will. So I took off the keys and am now trying to unscrew the screws but I just can't ( i'm not strong but I can unscrew stuff...) and they seem stuck. I really don't want to buy a whole new keyboard. I am typing this on the onscreen keyboard so it is a pain.

Please help!

Hi,

Unfortunately there isn't much anyone here can do.

And liquid damage isn't covered by Corsair's warranty

So RMA is out of the picture...!

(Was void already if you unscrewed it anyway)

I strongly suggest that if you do manage to get it up and running

Or buy a new one to keep liquids in a safe range away from the keyboard.

Good luck.

So yeah your warranty is gone, but that's not the end of the story!

Take a look at this thread: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=156932

Lucky you, mechanical keyboards are resilient to liquid damage, provided you take the proper steps to clean the spill and give the keyboard ample recovery time.

Here is another reputable resource for dealing with spills: https://m.imgur.com/a/9sHx7

I strongly recommend you try these methods and am confident that your keyboard will end up working in the end.

UPDATE: I have some good news! I let it dry all day and night and after about 18 hours I am testing it out right now and it works great! I feel luck because as it was only a little bit of soy sauce it could have been a ton worse. I am currently using the keyboard to type this right now! I guess the only issue is that the space bar is sticky as that is where most of the soy sauce landed (along with the wrist thing).

• 2 weeks later...

Well my keyboard is being weird again. I have not spilled anything on since the last one. The problem is not some keys are not working but stuff is spazzing out and it is like it is always right clicking and stuff like that. idk if this could be from the spill weeks ago or a technical problem

EDIT: So I see that when I plug in my keyboard my computer will randomly detect a right click even if I never right clicked.

Archived