Corsair Community

Why isn't there an M95 RGB?

Riekopo

Our RGB line-up of peripherals are always expanding. :sunglasse

If you guys can make an RGB MMO mouse I would definitely buy it. My Razer Naga (2012) is getting old and the buttons are wearing out, but I like the 12-button keypad on the side. If Corsair could bring their RGB goodness to that style of mouse (plus forward/back buttons as well) with a high DPI laser sensor I would be very happy. Razer's software sucks compared to CUE.

• Corsair Employee
If you guys do make it you should put the old logo on it. Also, I and many others would prefer an optical sensor as opposed to a laser sensor.

Here's an honest question: Why optical? I hear the low DPI argument, but do you guys really notice it that much versus laser?

I'm just a casual gamer so Im probably not qualified to answer this but this is my opinion... I can't tell the difference. I would like to see the mmo mouse in rgb with a different button layout and a shift button on the right side of the mouse like the logitech G660. Oh and while I being so demanding one that has two right side plates for normal and bigger hands like mine. I'm loving the product line so far and Christmas is around the corner.....

If you guys can make an RGB MMO mouse I would definitely buy it. My Razer Naga (2012) is getting old and the buttons are wearing out, but I like the 12-button keypad on the side. If Corsair could bring their RGB goodness to that style of mouse (plus forward/back buttons as well) with a high DPI laser sensor I would be very happy. Razer's software sucks compared to CUE.

Totally agree !!

Here's an honest question: Why optical? I hear the low DPI argument, but do you guys really notice it that much versus laser?

Why optical?

You do know that almost every laser sensor including all of corsair laser mice have inconsistent acceleration right? On top of this there have been numerous complaints with your laser mice having smoothing(input delay) with mice movements. Your optical mice on the other hand do not.

The corsair M45 is the best performing optical mouse that corsair provides. Higher DPI does not mean a better mouse. If anything it usually means the dpi settings are not native which means software is used to obtain interpolated dpi points which can cause smoothing and jitter.

So is there a downside to optical? The only down side is them on glass and other weird mice surfaces. Even then with the newest 3310 sensor and the 3988 sensor that is, can have an option to optimize for a mouse surface. Either way if anyone wants to have their mouse track well regardless of laser or optical they will be using a cloth or hard pad so that's not even a relevant argument.

Corsair has a gaming line. So make us professional optical sensor mice that utilize flawless sensors like the 3310. Us csgo or competitive shooter players don't want these unpredictable flawed sensors that are being put into laser mice. We don't give a damn about the dpi as long as it is reasonable (3200 max is reasonable). Another thing is to make sure the sensor used for optical is one that is flawless. Not all optical are flawless but for the most part only optical is flawless

TLDR: optical provides us gamers with flawless sensors unlike laser. we also don't need high dpi gimmicks because they do not improve sensor performance

I'm just a casual gamer so Im probably not qualified to answer this but this is my opinion... I can't tell the difference. I would like to see the mmo mouse in rgb with a different button layout and a shift button on the right side of the mouse like the logitech G660. Oh and while I being so demanding one that has two right side plates for normal and bigger hands like mine. I'm loving the product line so far and Christmas is around the corner.....

Please a "shift button" which programmable...

Bought the MMO7 mouse because I wanted a button on the right side, sadly it was only for switching modes.

I want a good mouse with useful buttons, Corsair please, make it!

Why optical?

You do know that almost every laser sensor including all of corsair laser mice have inconsistent acceleration right? On top of this there have been numerous complaints with your laser mice having smoothing(input delay) with mice movements. Your optical mice on the other hand do not.

The corsair M45 is the best performing optical mouse that corsair provides. Higher DPI does not mean a better mouse. If anything it usually means the dpi settings are not native which means software is used to obtain interpolated dpi points which can cause smoothing and jitter.

So is there a downside to optical? The only down side is them on glass and other weird mice surfaces. Even then with the newest 3310 sensor and the 3988 sensor that is, can have an option to optimize for a mouse surface. Either way if anyone wants to have their mouse track well regardless of laser or optical they will be using a cloth or hard pad so that's not even a relevant argument.

Corsair has a gaming line. So make us professional optical sensor mice that utilize flawless sensors like the 3310. Us csgo or competitive shooter players don't want these unpredictable flawed sensors that are being put into laser mice. We don't give a damn about the dpi as long as it is reasonable (3200 max is reasonable). Another thing is to make sure the sensor used for optical is one that is flawless. Not all optical are flawless but for the most part only optical is flawless

TLDR: optical provides us gamers with flawless sensors unlike laser. we also don't need high dpi gimmicks because they do not improve sensor performance

This user gets it. I would add that the only time a super high DPI would be useful is if you're using a super high resolution screen.

Will we see once Corsair M95 - RGB edition?

I really want buy this mouse but for a long time, there is only classic edition and I want to change LED colors on mouse, so I can combine them with my system etc.

You could give us some information about it, because in my opinion a lot of people waiting for this mouse. And I certainly do not want to buy this mouse twice.

Thanks and have a níce day!

• 3 weeks later...

The optical thing is mostly a myth. At a mouse 400dpi you would need a 20" 8k screen for the laser "jitter" to result in a deviation of more than 1 pixel.

At 1080p and a 24" screen with 400dpi mouse tracking you have a max deviation of .24 pixels.

If screen size or mouse dpi increases the deviations gets smaller. Example 24" 1440p screen with 800dpi mouse setting = 16% of a pixel max deviation from path.

It is largely a marketing ploy that some communities have taken hook, line, and sinker. Even a crappy modern mouse is significantly more accurate than a human being can take full advantage of.

The issues with input lag and poor tracking were mostly with some 2007-2010 laser mice and were usually a software/firmware issue.

Archived