Corsair Community

Mystery part

Kamizkata

Hello

I had a water spill accident and some got to my keyboard. I tried to get all the water out the best I could but the LEDs started to change colors ect. At this point I disconnected the keyboard and decided to take it apart (warranty already expired) and dry it out better.

After googling where all the screws are I managed to get the keyboard open. At this point this white hard plastic part fell from somewhere inside the keyboard. I tried my best to find a spot for it but didn't have any luck.

IMG_20180915_170707.thumb.jpg.625ff98b4a540a62dbedee112af19250.jpg

Can someone identify this part or even better give me an idea where I'm supposed to put it.

Thank you

I don't think this part is the one holding the cables. There was 2 soft plastic parts looking similar to this that had a spot on the back board to hold the cables. But I think I saw one video where there was a very similar looking white part near the capslock/numlock LED location. Everything on the keyboard seem to works for now tho..

I don't think this part is the one holding the cables. There was 2 soft plastic parts looking similar to this that had a spot on the back board to hold the cables. But I think I saw one video where there was a very similar looking white part near the capslock/numlock LED location. Everything on the keyboard seem to works for now tho..

I think it was somewhere around there. Do you mind linking the video?

Archived