Corsair Community

K70 RGB - Red LED not working in key

So I just received my K70 RGB the other day, and all was fine until just this morning. I woke up to find that the lighting on one of my keys was acting up. I've come to find out that the "4" on my numberpad doesn't seem able to produce any reds, oranges, or yellows. Only blues and greens show up and as soon as it gets to the red spectrum it completely goes out until the blues come back around. I've already uninstalled and re-installed the Corsair Utility Engine and made sure that the key was not independently made blue/green. I think it is something with the keyboard itself, but is there any other tips I could try before I have to send it off for a week for an RMA? Any responses are strongly appreciated, and thanks for viewing!

UPDATE: Just several hours after I made this post, my keyboard magically fixed itself and now it displays the full color range. Not completely sure what the problem was, but if it comes back again I'll be sure to update the thread again.

UPDATE2: It seems that when I put pressure on the key itself it will cycle through the red, but if no pressure is put on it the red either flickers or doesn't show up at all. This has basically confirmed that it is something within the keyboard and is a hardware problem. Have to RMA it pretty soon.

Archived