Corsair Community

500d RGB SE

drkwpn

Hey guys, planning my new build and just wanted some advice on my fan choices. Going to have the H150i pro mounted to the front with the 3x included LL fans pushing air in through the radiotor and then using the 3x ML fans included with the cooler to pull air into the case.

I orginally was going to use 2x 140mm ML pro rgb fans for the top and 1x 120mm ML pro rgb at the rear for exhaust. Have now changed those exhaust fans to LL. Should I revert back to the ML fans? Or stick with the LLS?

Thanks.

Edited by drkwpn

Hey guys, planning my new build and just wanted some advice on my fan choices. Going to have the H150i pro mounted to the front with the 3x included LL fans pushing air in through the radiotor and then using the 3x ML fans included with the cooler to pull air into the case.

I orginally was going to use 2x 140mm ML pro rgb fans for the top and 1x 120mm ML pro rgb at the rear for exhaust. Have now changed those exhaust fans to LL. Should I revert back to the ML fans? Or stick with the LLS?

Thanks.

Up to you. Your performance should be fine either way. The MLs are a little quieter and definitely better for radiators but as airflow fans (which these are), the LLs are just fine. They are prettier than the MLs as well.

So you think performance wise, as in, pushing air from the front through the radiator, the MLs would be better? So have three mls at the front, pushing air through the radiotor, then three lls pulling air from the radiator into the case? Just trying not to have any spare fans laying around not being used.

Also was wondering, if LL fans are worse when it comes to pushing air through a radiator, then why does the new h100i rgb platinum se use them?

Thanks again.

Edited by drkwpn

It uses them for looks. ML fans will perform better at the same RPM. That being said, I have completely converted my 500d SE to all LL series fans. It's really just a question on whether or not you need BEST performance or a more consistent look. Your setup with ML fans will work fine and you "might" see a noticeable difference at the extremes. I have been using all LL fans and I have not noticed a significant increase in noise at the fans speeds I run my system at to keep temperatures I want. I have used a H100i AIO, switch to a H115i AIO, and now planning a change to Hydro-X all with LL series fans. I like the look and the increase in RGB control, which was worth the performance trade off at the extremes for me.

Was thinking of another possible solution being to replace the front 3x LL fans included with the case to 3x 120mm ML rgb pro fans as the intake, keep the stock uncoloured ml fans that come with the radiator as pull. Then put the 3 LL fans that were at the front as top/rear exhaust (would MLs perform better at the top as exhaust because of it might needing more static pressure to push through the dust filter and case holes?).

Also heard that when doing a push pull config, having the front push fans as LL with the pull fans as ML, shouldnt make much of a difference vs having both push/pull fans as ML. Only time having LL fans would make a big difference is if I were to use them only as push from the front with no fans pulling. I know I'm over thinking this, but just want to get it right the first time and not waste more money than I have to.

Note, the LL fans push up to: 43.25 CFM and the ML fans up to 47.3 CFM.

Really torn atm. But again, I am leaning towards having the front mount radiator push/pull fans all ML (6 in total, front 3 rgb pros and inside 3 being the ones included with the rad) and the included LL case fans as exhaust.

Edited by drkwpn