Corsair Community

H110I GTX adjust LED only onc

xXJangoXx

So i´m planning my new rig atm and i´d like to use the Corsair H110I GTX as CPU cooler.

After reading about different problems with the Software (up to fans stopping while CPU is under load...) I was planning to run the unit like this: plug the Pump to the CPU_OPT and both fans in CPU_FAN using a Y-Cable and set the speed in the BIOS. This should work so far but my question is wether or not it would be possible to set the Coolers Color in Corsair Link once and then uninstall it and plug the H110I GTX´s USB connector out. Will the Color of the CPU Block still remain the same or what will happen? I´d like to avoid Corsair Link if this is possible.

Jango

P.S. Sorry for bad english - isn´t my native language ;)

Thanks for the quick answer,

after reading your posts in the linked topic i might just get the H110I GT. Can you tell me what the advantages of the H110I GTX against the H110I GT would be? As far as i can see it only the CPU Block´s look is slightly different.

And one more question: is it correct, that the pump always runs on 100% and just needs the 3pin cable to monitor its speed? (running at 100% shouldn´t be a problem after all or is it loud enough to hear it while the rest of your setup is in idle?)

Jango

Can you tell me what the advantages of the H110I GTX against the H110I GT would be?

As I see things the H110iGTX is no technical advantages over the H110iGT, only disadvantaces and feel "Asetek hardware is...silly" is spot on.

I find my H110iGT pump noticeable when it's running at PWM 100%.

AFAIK the H110iGT pump will run at the last speed you set it to run at even after power cycling the system. I use my own software to control my H110iGT and use a Custom Curve to control the pump speed (CL 3.2.5742 cannot do this). The PWM % to pump speed is as below.

attachment.php?attachmentid=23375&d=1448024501

Ok, so in conclusion: i´ll just Plug it in once (but connect the Pump to CPU_Fan not CPU_OPT so the software can monitor it, which i think wouldn´t happen, if plugged into CPU_OPT), set the color matching to my system and set the pump´s speed at for example 70%. Then i will uninstall it, plug the usb cable out, switch the Pump to CPU_OPT and the fans to CPU_FAN. After this it should always run at 70% and stay at the same colour.

Will this work or will i run into other probelms?

Thanks in advance (is this even a correct phrase??) Jango

Will this work or will i run into other probelms?

That should be OK :nodding:.

You should add your PC specs to your profile, but as you have not I don't know which motherboard you have and can't check the CPU_FAN and CPU_OPT facilities.

Archived