Corsair Community

Corsair Air Series AF/SP 120/140 and Corsair Obsidian 800D

VAMET

Dear Corsair Team

QUESTION 1

I would like to change all my stock fans in Corsair Obsidian 800D case with new Corsair Air Series fans: AF120, AF140, SP120. I prefer to have quiet fans in my case.

In Corsair Obsidian 800D there are 3x140 fans by stock, which Corsair Air Series fans should I use to replace them?

QUESTION 2

There are also 4x120 optional fans to mount in Corsair Obsidian 800D, 3x120 in top part of the case and 1x120 for HDD bay, which Corsair Air Series fans should I use.

QUESTION 3

I would like to buy Corsair Hydro Series H100, but I would like to replace them with Corsair Air Series fans, which Corsair Air Series fans should I use.

QUESTION 4

Corsair Air Series fans are 3 or 4 PIN fans?

I would be glad for any help and explanation.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards.

Sincerely

Question 1&2

http://www.corsair.com/us/cpu-cooling-kits/air-series-fans/air-series-af120-quiet-edition-high-airflow-120mm-fan.html

3) the SP series would be best. But you could also use th same fans listed above too if you wanted to.

However at this time the H-100 cooling block does not control them unless you have the Corsair LINK.

These fans along with any other after market fans will run at 100% unless you use a separate fan controller to control them when used with the h series coolers.

They are all 3 pin fans

Dear peanutz94

Thank you very much for fast reply and explanation.

I would like to ask you one more question, if you don't mind, I mean:

You said I should replace 3x140 stock fans in Corsair Obsidian 800D with Air Series AF120, why not 3x140?

As for replacement of fans in Corsair Hydro Series H100, I need to connect Corsair Air Series SP120 to one of motherboard fan sockets instead of water block in Corsair Hydro Series H100? To which fan socket should I connect them, to: CPU_FAN, CHA_FAN, PWD_FAN or other one?

Best regards.

Sincerely

Ahh, fudge! I meant to give you the link for the 140's. That was a mistake on my part. Still on my first cup of coffee! :)

I believe these are what you are looking for...

http://www.corsair.com/us/cpu-cooling-kits/air-series-fans/air-series-af140-quiet-edition-high-airflow-140mm-fan.html

As for replacement of fans in Corsair Hydro Series H100, I need to connect Corsair Air Series SP120 to one of motherboard fan sockets instead of water block in Corsair Hydro Series H100? To which fan socket should I connect them, to: CPU_FAN, CHA_FAN, PWD_FAN or other one?

The h100 pump will be connected to the CPU-FAN header to prevent you from getting a CPU error on start up and also gives you the ability to see the pumps RPM.

The fans can be connected to any other header you want. You will just have to rely on your MB to control them or use a third party fan controller.

Archived