Corsair Community

Corsair Link programm doesn't update HDD temps

vullprofiman

I have realised after 3 days that the programm doesn't update my HDD temps

when I am starting my PC my HDDs are room temp (23°C)

I have a 140mm Prolimatech Blue Vortex in my 700D cooling my HDDs, even with this good fan, the HDDs should have a higher temps after some time

Paralell to the Corsair Link Software I am checking the temps of my system with "CPUID Hardware Monitor"

and this programm show me temps of my HDDs about 29°C

and they can get higher and lower

Additional to this i checked the temps with my hands and they are not 23°C like Corsair Link Programm shows me

If I restart the programm the temps are updated but wouldn't change until I restart one time more

Pls Corsair update the programm so that it can update also the HDDs temps

thx vullprofiman

Thank you for noticing that as I also went to check what my temps were on the Corsair Link software and compared them to CPUID Hardware Monitor Pro and noticed a 10c difference from my HD readings. It only shows me 2 HD devices when I have a total of 4 which have S.M.A.R.T. Only my 2 storage drives are being shown on my CPUID temp assuming it can't read the veloci-raptors because they are in raid 0 but still, the readings on CPUID and Corsair Link are still way off.

Interesting.. I did a virus scan as well as running Crystal DiskMark on a specific drives and graphed the whole process of all my hard drives (all have S.M.A.R.T. enabled) Threw in tracking the temp changes on my GPU just to use as a control..All temps remained flat at 21 or 22c. The GPU on the other hand did climb up in temps. CrystalDiskInfo. showed my drives between 33-38c. I pushed the drive bay fans on my 800D to max to see if it would budge the temps on the HD they didn't. When I closed Link and re-booted it, the hard drive temps were in line with the info. from CrystalDiskInfo. Hmm... not good..not good. (I'd expect a few teathing problems with a new product...but the list is starting to get long.. You require any additional info from us Corsair people..to trouble this issue ? Let us know and we will try to provide.

Archived