Corsair Community

Corsair HS70 Pro Wireless Turn on and off Problems

Fatalboloto

Hey there! So last week I got a brand new Corsair HS70 Pro Wireless. Worked perfectly till last night.

To turn it on I used to hold the button no more than 2 seconds and now even holding for almost 10 does nothing. Same for shutting it down too. Sometimes it takes AGES to shut it down.

Its that a problem that I can fix doing something on iCUE or do I need to ask for a replacement?

Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee

Hi

Many similar issues on our HS70 can be solved by doing a Soft-Reset. This will disconnect the battery from the headset, and then reconnect it. All you need to do is:

1.Make sure your HS70 is powered off.

2.Hold the Mute button on the HS70 headset down for about 15-20 seconds

3.After holding the Mute button wait 15 seconds and then hold the Power button until the HS70 turns on.

Then try testing the headset. If it is still having issues, Contact Support @ https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us

They can help you with this issue.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee
I am noticing that when turning it on, it takes a long time sometimes, I then end up turning it off, and then on - almost as if the driver is struggling to start/stop or something. Just sometimes. Hope that's what you are seeing if the revert firmware does not resolve it.

Where do you have your dongle for the headset plugged in? Try moving it to a closer location that is in line of site with the headset and see if that improves the start up time.

• 2 weeks later...

Having this problem myself too now. And the headset is pretty rubbish after working fine for ages - I use the headset on 2 computers.

1. plug in dongle, wait about 5 seconds

2. turn on headset , wait 5 seconds

Now around 1/4 attempts, it will work, but mostly, I have to turn off headset, turn on headset - do this very slowly else it gets twisted

Mostly - unplug dongle , wait, replug dongle, wait, unplug dongle, wait, the replug it. then it will work.

It seeeeeems like this works

1. plug in dongle, turn on headset - ignore the nonworkingness

2. unplug, wait 15 sec, plug in dongle.

Any idea why guys?

Edited by zaphodikus

I have now turned off the "auto-power off"

I have now turned off voice prompts

I'm not getting any more pointers, and if the above "disable" settings don't work I'll be raising a ticket, It takes almost 5 minutes to get the headset working every morning and again every evening, it's not a good waste of time.

1. plug in and wait for it to not work (headset must be in "up-boop" or connecting mode)

2. unplug dongle, wait at least 1 minute

3. plug dongle. toggle headset off and then on, very slowly wait a decent while between presses.

Not good enough.

• 3 weeks later...

Even after doing the "reset", It still does not pair reliably.

I have 2 computers, and 50% of the time when I plug in the dongle, it wont work on either machine. have to often wait about 15 seconds, unplug, wait 15, and then replug the dongle.

I'm quite disappointed and have already had to dissuade people from buying this set, they are nice and comfortable and work really well, when they pair that is.

The annoying thing is when they are in their "fail to pair" state, turning them on I hear a 1/2 second of computer audio after the boop-beep, but they are then "dead" . The fact it works most of the time makes it hard for me to just ask for an RMA, but the stress this product that should work, and is otherwise great, is creating is not worth the pain.

The RMA form wants a serial number and a part number

It wants me to actually take the ear cup apart to find the part number, why does iCue not just show these informations? I'm not taking the thing apart? why would I do that?:sigh!:

Where would I find the serial number to photograph it? Thanks in advance.